African American Weddings

I feel like...

I've been on here a lot lately but didn't really get a chance to formally introduce myself and learn a little more about each of you!

This is BY far my most favorite board on TK and I talk about you all all the time to my FI :-)

A little about me: I met my FI 8 years ago, we were just friends and decided to date 2 years ago and it became the best day of my life :-) . I work for Mercy Home for Boys and Girls.. which is a residential treatment facility for troubled youth! I love working with kids, I ultimately want to become a therapist at MHBG. I have no pets, no kids (but really want both!) , I'm from Chicago and I love going out to eat!!! Everyone in my family calls me "skinny minnie" and I'm very shy unless you REALLY know me!

Tell me something about you all!

Re: I feel like...

• edited December 2011
    Welcome, welcome, welcome and yes this is the best board on "THE KNOT"!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the best board on the knot.  Jump right in to the discussions.  Something about myself.  I am a shoe lover!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! These gals are the best!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    whachawannakno? LOL Here's an interesting fact... in addition to being a finna be wife and mother.... I'm an author. see? WWW.lovingmeinspiteofme.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning!! 

I love working with kids too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    :-)
    I feel so welcomed! Thanks you all for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!! Me and my FI were best friends for 6 years before we started dating...Was shocked that he saw me like that, but that too was the best day of my life!! :)   So we have something in common!
  • shaneikawshaneikaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new to the board also. Something about myself I am a mother of one son (he think he's my daddy) My Fi which is my sons father and I have known each other for 10 years everyone thought that we were together wayyyyy before we even thought about hooking up, but after being friends for 4 years I dont know what happened we just came together as a couple and have been together ever since, and it feel like its just the right fit. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it (lol).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_feel-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:74383084-35b5-456c-83ca-8c72da72d030Post:13464624-9f09-45b3-a1fa-949042090bc6">Re: I feel like...</a>:
    [QUOTE]whachawannakno? LOL Here's an interesting fact... in addition to being a finna be wife and mother.... I'm an author. see? <a href="http://WWW.lovingmeinspiteofme.com" rel='nofollow'>WWW.lovingmeinspiteofme.com</a>
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

Yay!!  Go you!  :) I have a question..don't laugh at me too hard...Elle and Tasha are the same right??  Is Elle your pseudonym? I think I missed something...but nonetheless I'm excited for you and would love to read your novel! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, 

My name is Toya. My fiance Karl and I have been together since 8th grade. We have six children together and that includes two sets of twins. We have been engaged since 2008 and are finally finacially ready and able to have the wedding we want. I love this board and hope to get to know everyone a little bit better over the next few months.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!!! I hope you guys enjoy the board as much as we all do! The advice is great and the women here are really nice. It seems we all go back and talk to FI about "the ladies of the knot board" - I do all the time

LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    :-) Interesting stories and it seems like we have all know our FI 's foreeeevvvverr!! LOL!

Thanks for sharing!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_feel-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:74383084-35b5-456c-83ca-8c72da72d030Post:70652337-66aa-47a2-a9cf-71314b31addf">Re: I feel like...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel like... : Yay!!  Go you!  :) I have a question..don't laugh at me too hard...Elle and Tasha are the same right??  Is Elle your pseudonym? I think I missed something...but nonetheless I'm excited for you and would love to read your novel! :)
    Posted by PrettyCW5[/QUOTE]

lol my name is LaTasha. I originally abbreviated it L. Nicole. My agent thought it better to use Elle (same sound nicer spelling) and voila!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_feel-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:74383084-35b5-456c-83ca-8c72da72d030Post:ed56995e-403c-4c74-a512-fc8d59e6895e">Re: I feel like...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel like... : lol my name is LaTasha. I originally abbreviated it L. Nicole. My agent thought it better to use Elle (same sound nicer spelling) and voila!
    Posted by Soon2BSand[/QUOTE]

OHHHHHHHHH OK!!!  I see!!!  I dig it! :) lol!! Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)
  • empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *waves hi*  Ahh, you remind me of my younger days when I would make that hour and a half drive all the way to the Chi just to kick it! 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and nice to 'meet' you! Me and my fiance also met 8yrs ago, started online, then to the phone, then to can we meet(that took a year)lol You will be a Mrs. very SOON! Congrats and happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the best board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards