African American Weddings
Options

Dress Order

I have 10 girls in the BP. 7 have ordered their dresses. Deadline was Aug 31. 3 have not. The dresses are being ordered online and basically I set the Aug 31 deadline but technically they could still order on a later date. So we're a little over a week past the deadline and none of them have mentioned it at all and I'm sure if I don't say anything neither will they. At what point do you put your foot down and what do you say lol? I'm fine if they aren't in the wedding anymore I just need to know as far as ordering the thing I have to purchase for them. Also, everyone will be ordering their shoes in one month. Wedding is in 5 months.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Order

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I would send a text or email to the ladies who havent purchased asking for an update on their status. I would say something like Hey ladies, what's going on i see you havent purchased dress yet. wondering what the hold up is? deadline was such and such. you could add- A.) If it's due to financial reasons or B.) if you are not able to be a part of the wedding party due to financial constraints or prior obligations) we completely understand, just inform us so Fiance and I can proceed forward in planning.

Or you could completely flip out and become bridezilla and make a call yelling "WTF" lol. that's always awesome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dress-order?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:7438bfa0-fa51-4a44-94d5-53db92a3e597Post:3e0af0ab-35fc-40ac-856e-bc695d62e9f8">Re: Dress Order</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or you could completely flip out and become bridezilla and make a call yelling "WTF" lol. that's always awesome.
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>dead on the floor lol 

</div>
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha Football.

Ladycane- This happened with 3 of my girls as well. I called each of them and said the deadline had passed and if they couldn't be in the wedding it was totally ok but I needed to know by the next day what their intentions were. 2 dropped out and 1 went into the store the next day and handled it.

It sucked because the 2 who dropped out hae been my friends the longest but I seriously am ok with the fact that they're not in it. I called to make sure it wasnt something financial or otherwise serious. When I ascertained that it wasn't I got right down to it.

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    football..girl.. ur a mess...But.. truthfully... that Bridezilla may have to come out..lol But seriously... I think if you have told them, asked them, and reminded them.... theyre aware.. and they definitely need to let you know something... 5months...HELLO.... thats around the corner... and the wedding doesnt center around them.... they have to tell u something..imo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with previous posts. Call them and ask them about it...just like you would do any other situation. You dont have time for games ya know. Tell them you did not want to proceed without them, but your deadline has passed and they have until the real deadline or by the end of the week to order. Let them know if they can not participate, you understand, but you really need to know by tomorrow, as there are other wedding related things that you need to purchase that depends on if they are participating or not. Not to mention, planning, seating, meals, gifts, etc etc. By the way, When is the real deadline to order the dresses?
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    I gave the date (although the date was actually 2 weeks before the actual deadline). When they didnt get it in time I sent a mass text saying "Im sorry you were unable to get your dresses.I understand you have other obligations besides my wedding. Since the deadline has passed and you unable to get the dress, I would still like you to be a guest and you are still welcome to the bachelorette party"

I quickly got responses after that saying they were going the next day......which they did

lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lmbo at footballwife!!! Thanks so much everybody : I sent a text to all 3 I did get a response from all 3 and 2 will be putting the money in my account today so that I can order for them and one says she'll order Friday. I'm still sketchy on one thats supposed to put the money in my account b/c she's been saying that since like April. Im not going to ask her anymore after today because I've known since day one she'd be an issue so I'm over it. The other one is having technical difficulties w/ the order so she would rather me just order it for her. Initially I set the deadline in my head for Oct 1st. Honestly though, it's been over half a year so I think this Friday is the new official deadline lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards