African American Weddings
Options

Praying for Relationships

just sending out a special prayer for all of our relationships, marriages, engagements etc. It's hard to keep it all together so I hope everyone's relationship is being given as much attention as the planning of their wedding

xoxoxo

272image Invited
222image Accepted
50image Can't Hang
0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Praying for Relationships

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AMEN to that. Thanks for thinking of us A&M and I will continue to pray for each of us. I love this board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem. I want us all to have STRONG BLACK MARRIAGES and fall suit to statistics that black couple don't have what it take to make it work. As long as you keep your Lord 1st you can survive/surpass anything.

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_praying-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:778647a1-5cbb-42a6-8c87-622dae6f48dePost:2e2d6d8c-acf2-4a1b-8c3d-babc5815923b">Re: Praying for Relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]No problem. I want us all to have STRONG BLACK MARRIAGES and fall suit to statistics that black couple don't have what it take to make it work. <strong>As long as you keep your Lord 1st you can survive/surpass anything.
    </strong>Posted by A&M_Abyss[/QUOTE]

So true!  Thanks A&M, this is right on time.  The devil does not want to see any of us be successful in our marriages, so we must keep each other lifted up in prayer!  Love you girl! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_praying-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:778647a1-5cbb-42a6-8c87-622dae6f48dePost:6bc91f6e-bf7a-445f-ab56-e5eecc462be6">Re: Praying for Relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Praying for Relationships : So true!  Thanks A&M, this is right on time.  <strong>The devil does not want to see any of us be successful in our marriages, so we must keep each other lifted up in prayer! </strong> Love you girl! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]
    You are SO right in that statement. He wants to see us broke, busted and disgusted. I refuse to let him get the best of me, my fiance, and my impending marriage. It's not EASY but I'm fighting for what I want! The devil can <font color="#ff0000"><strong>#KICKROCKS</strong></font>

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I love you to girlie!

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this post!!! The devil indeed doesn't want to see us happy and I'm sure we all have "haters" who don't want to see us successful in our relationships. As long as we make time for our FI/DH and not let wedding planning consume all our time, keep GOD first in our relationships and have GREAT communication with our SO, we can make it for the long haul. Praying for us all
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!!This was sooo timely for me A&M..I'm ready to throw in the towel and say "F" it. I truly pray that we all have successful relationships and marriages but when comes to myself and my relationship I'm getting tired of living in la-la land, going back and forth TRYING to make a puzzle piece fit when it is obvious that it  is the WRONG piece...I just don't want to be unrealistic...sorry to bring down the positivity of your post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AMEN!!! AMEN!!! AMEN!!!

Thank you so much and I will do the same!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_praying-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:778647a1-5cbb-42a6-8c87-622dae6f48dePost:6fda0f59-5af8-42fa-b623-e9fa9f4185a4">Praying for Relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]just sending out a special prayer for all of our relationships, marriages, engagements etc. It's hard to keep it all together so I hope everyone's relationship is being given as much attention as the planning of their wedding xoxoxo
    Posted by A&M_Abyss[/QUOTE]

I'm Standing in agreement with and praying for our Knotties relationships as well. Mine is being tested everyday! God is good because he's showing me a new way to love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks A&M for this! Im praying for us all too Smile Being parent's already I want to show our children that marriages can get thru anything, the happy, the sad, the tough, and all the love that we make it! I want my boys to become great husbands one day!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Luv this ladies! Sometimes we do get caught up in planning a wonderful wedding & forget to nurture the "relationship".  A wedding is ONE day, but marriage should be for a lifetime. And yes....as long as you've got God in your life & marriage, everything will be alright!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]So true!  Thanks A&M, this is right on time.  The devil does not want to see any of us be successful in our marriages, so we must keep each other lifted up in prayer!  Love you girl!  Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_praying-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:778647a1-5cbb-42a6-8c87-622dae6f48dePost:b521032b-3681-47f7-ae7a-acb05eb17f3c">Re: Praying for Relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you!!!!This was sooo timely for me A&M.<strong>.I'm ready to throw in the towel and say "F" it.</strong> I truly pray that we all have successful relationships and marriages but when comes to myself and my relationship I'm getting tired of living in la-la land, going back and forth TRYING to make a puzzle piece fit when it is obvious that it  is the WRONG piece...I just don't want to be unrealistic...<strong>sorry to bring down the positivity of your post.</strong>
    Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

Had to run in and say thanks for this! Definitely right on time. I've been a little inactive lately -  going through some definite challenges right now.
    @BlissPhilly, don't be sorry. Real is real and sometimes issues need to be discussed and prayed about! I understand. 
    Amen and I'll do the same, A&M.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoo!!! You gonna make me shout in here!!! Thank you Lord! Thank you A&M for praying for us and I will continue to pray for all of my "Knottie Friends" as I so often call you all! I have been on this board for almost 2 years! I never get tired of meeting knew sisters! It is kind of sad that I have become closer to some of you than my "non internet" friends! Heart y'all ♥!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_praying-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:778647a1-5cbb-42a6-8c87-622dae6f48dePost:68c75c27-6b61-4dfa-85e7-b520c90b9c74">Re: Praying for Relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoo!!! You gonna make me shout in here!!! Thank you Lord! Thank you A&M for praying for us and I will continue to pray for all of my "Knottie Friends" as I so often call you all! I have been on this board for almost 2 years! I never get tired of meeting knew sisters! It is kind of sad that I have become closer to some of you than my "non internet" friends! Heart y'all ♥!!!
    Posted by YasJas2011[/QUOTE]

Sending hugs to you

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just love this board. Thank you for thinking of us. This is the kind of love God talks about. Seriously. We barely "know" each other and each others situations beyond this site. And yet, you prayed for us without having to have the inside scoop on our relationships.You've brightened my day and inspired me.  I will keep you all in my prayers as well. Love to all.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this! Prayer is always welcome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards