African American Weddings
Options

Co-workers

Ladies, So I work in a mostly male dominated industry and there are a total of 4 females including myself. I am close with all of them but I there is one in particular that I am the closet with who I will call M. All four of us can hang out together but I only hang out with M outside of the office. There is also one male co worker that I am close with as far on a work level. If we do anything in the office, its always M, myself and the guy. We do lunch, and he is like that brother that always calls me for relationship advice because he thinks i know it all. Would I be wrong to only invite those two? I am having a traditional engagement also so I could either invite M and G to both or to one of them. Thanks
Mrs-Flawless-Pitts

Re: Co-workers

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you prefer leaving the others out, then that's what you should do. 
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, I would either invite all of them or none at all, since as you say, you are close to all of them. Inviting only M & G could make the other ladies feel slighted and make work an uncomfortable situation for you all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with hatroopes.  i would invite all of them or none of them.  if you have the room, those five aren't too many. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would invite the people that you want to invite and not worry about it. No one else has to know who gets an invite to your wedding and who doesn't.
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, when i say we are all close, i mean that as far as since there are only 4 of us, we have that work connection but the other 2 hang out outside of work, go shopping and do all kinds of stuff outside of work ....M and i are pretty much the same. She is the only one that as being to my house, met my MOH, and we always do lunch and go shopping together
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is what i am going to do. I am going to invite all of them to the traditional since my parents are paying for that and the invite is extended to everyone that might not make it to the saturday wedding. I am inviting M and probably G to the both.

Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say deffinatly M since you are close outside of work and then since you are close with G and M is going then invite G, in case M feels out of place then she always has G there.

I;m sure the others see your relationship with those two and it would be obvious to them that you would invite the other two. Of course there might be haters because people are just mean sometimes, but forget them its what you want and if they do get upset I'm sure they won't hold onto it for too long.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yea, i am def inviting M. I sat down and thought about it and i do A LOT with her... The other 2 girls are cool but i am much closer with M

Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just invite M & G. Just make sure you send the invitations to the home and not do it at work. I personally do not hang out with people from my job outside FB and work, so I pass on inviting.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards