African American Weddings
Options

Tell It All Thursday

What has big the biggest challenge you have faced as a couple?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tell It All Thursday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would 100% say it was getting his parents acceptance of us as a couple getting married. They were always fine with us being a couple and the problems didn't start until they realized we were serious about getting married. It's been a fighting challenge and something that nearly broke us apart, but I think we have gotten over the biggest hump and there should only be small rock from here on out when it comes to the issues with his parents especially his mom. I think there will always be a little issue there, but nothing to dramatic anymore.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His mother tearing his credit to shreds....I love her now but in the beginning she was deadasswrong for using his information the way she did. I'm just tooo thrilled that all of that is out of his name and in the past =]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Communication. Hands down...we are working so hard on this, but we have a long way to go.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Losing my grandmother, false paternity (on his side a few months into our relationship 4 to be exact an ex of his tried to say he was the father of her child to avoid hurting me he tried to give me this story about how we are too busy for each other and we needed to take a break. I did alright. I pulled down every picture at work and anything else that showed we were a couple. He saw it and broke down and told me the truth. He thought I would leave him. Kid turned out not to be his or any of the other 3 men that were tested, ) communication, FI losing his job (thank God for only two weeks) and making time to spend together as a couple.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards