African American Weddings
Options

Vendors-dinner

Hi ladies!
Where do you vendors eat? Do you have a table set up for them in the reception room (with all the linens, centerpieces, etc) that stays empty until it's time for them to eat or are they eating somewhere else? What are you doing/did you do?
TIA

Re: Vendors-dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My bff has an event planning business. So when we've helped her, we've ate in different places. One time they gave us a table in the back of the reception, once we ate at the bar and another time we were given a table right outside of the recption room, where they had the cocktail hour. The table had nice settings, but not the whole center pieces. I think it all depends on the set up of your venue. Im not sure what I want to do yet. The room for the cocktail hour has tables in it. But I kind of feel a little bad seperating them. Especially since they are all so nice.  So I might just give them a table in the back of the reception. I dont know if any of this helps lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue has a room for vendors to eat in so I won't have to set up an extra table just for the vendors
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have an entire table for my vendors. I don't want them to feel isolated. I really LOVE my vendors and I want them to have a great time as well as WORK! So they have a table just like the guest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think our venue has a room for them as well.  But so far I think my vendors are bypassing the meal - they rather have the tip.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.

I will talk to my USELESS reception catering manager.  But i know my reception site doesn't have an area for vendors.

Dawn, that's strange that they bypass the meal, Some of my vendors have the meal request in their contract (which is totally fine since they are working for 7 to 9 hours- like photg, video, etc) and still expect the tip. I never linked the two before
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't have either - but my DJ specifically said he rather have a tip and so did my photographer.  I haven't asked my DOC and her assistant yet though.  I'm going to ask them again once I have to turn in the final number to make sure. 

If they still say no on the meal option then I think I might put together a goodie bag for each of them that has some snacks and stuff in it so they can munch and drink on something.
    Our Wedding Teasers
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea. You are so thoughtful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laughing
    Our Wedding Teasers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I do know that my planner has set up a table for our vendors (photogs, video, and DJ). I did not want to hide them out in the kitchen and stuff lol. that ain't right. But the caterer has insisted that her and her staff will remain in the kitchen most of the time. The servers will be moving around to serve our guest but for the most part they are planning to be held up in the kitchen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool. Thanks mrsClinton. By the way,  I love the pic. So cute. I love those shoes..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Come to think of it- I don't even remember where my vendors ate. I remember we paid for 5 vendor meals and I remeber asking them "...did you get to eat?" and they said "yes" . I'm guessing the DJ and MC ate at thier DJ stations while the rest of the guests were eating.  I'm assuming the phtographers and videographer went into the cocktail area.  We definitely didn't set up another table with centerpieces and all that, although it is thoughtful.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards