African American Weddings

I'm married! Recap

I have been very busy with the holiday and trying to get our house in order. So I am justing finding time to do a recap.

Thursday Night
We had our rehearsal dinner. It seems like everything went wrong that evening. My DH and I got into it really bad. He started fussing at me about the room at the venue and it didn't look how he wants it to look. I tell him you wait until the night before to give input when I have been asking you all along if there is anything special you want. At this point I started crying and said I can't do this because it's not perfect for him. My BM calmed me down and said everything is going to be fine. My DH came outside and we both apologized for snapping on each other. Everything else went okay after the little misunderstanding.

Friday
Friday morning my daughter and I went and got our nails, feet, eyebrows and eyelashes done. At 3 pm everyone met at the hotel to get our makeup done. The wedding started 20 minutes late waiting for family members on both our sides, but I wasn't really worried. Everthing was perfect. The venue looked exactly how I pictured.
What I truly loved was my DH vows. They were so moving. He made a vow to my daughter, mother, father, sister and myself. He went to each person that he was making the vow to. Here are his vows to my daughter-I promise to love and protect your mother and you with all my heart and soul. My mother- I vow to allow God to work within our union and make it as beautiful as your marriage is. My father-I vow to provide for your daughter and granddaughter with all the strength I have inside. My sister-I promise to cherish your sister as though she were a part of my own body. To me-I promise to have all the patience in the world with you. But most of all I promise to give you all the love and respect that you not only desire but deserve. He had everyone crying. It was truly amazing. Overall there were no mishaps that occured. Everything was perfect. I truly love my wedding coordinator she made everything happen like I wanted. After the wedding we partied the night away.

Our pictures are on www.jolieimages.com
event name: Smith-Washington
date: November 11, 2011
password: 1111

Anniversary

Re: I'm married! Recap

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards