African American Weddings

Listing Vendors...

Hi ladies!
Did/Do/Will you post a list of your wedding vendors on your wedding website and/or in your programs?

I started working on our wedding website and I saw that as an option on the sample sites. It never crossed my mind to publish all my vendors to my guests. Also last year, I went to a wedding where the bride listed her vendors on the last page of the program. That's the only time I saw that.

Are you doing this? What's the reasoning behing doing it or not?

Re: Listing Vendors...

• edited December 2011
    I have seen it done, I haven't given much thought, but I def will be reposting this on my local board(if you dont mind)Smile

I think my major vendors I will probably put in the back of the program, undecided yet. Good food for thought.
  • edited December 2011
    Please post away!

I am just wondering why some people do it and other don't.

I have to admit that I thought it was strange when I picked up the program and 2 pages were dedicated to wedding vendors. Now the website thingy make me feel like I'd be doing something wrong if i don't list who my vendors are
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I have no intention of listing my vendors on my program.  Uh free advertising?!  And what if they end up doing a horrible job?  I'm going to list them on the website after the wedding but just in the terms of vendor reviews. 

When I first joined the knot I heard a story of a girl who had a vendor another girl wanted for the same day.  So she called the vendor pretending to be the other girl and cancelled.  Thus the vendor now had an opening.  She found out this info from the vendor list on the girl's website.  Maybe a knot urban legend but it made me think twice! ! 

I'm just not into giving props to people who have yet to do anything and may end up doing a bad job. 
  • edited December 2011

OFF, I can't believe someone would do that! Not even sure what to say about that....

But I hear you on free ad and what if the vendor does a bad job. But yeah, you just scared me with that story girl!! Do we know how the story ended?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that is a horror story... I actually did put some of my vendors on my site, but now im considering taking them off... but the reason I put them on there was b/c I would have no wedding if it weren't for my vendors and I wanted to show appreciation.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Desi, that's a different way to look at it. Never thought of it since I am paying them to do the job and all , and the tip in the envelopes would say "thank you" loud enough!  Thanks!
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yah if some of my vendors were doing me a favor or gave me a huge discount then yeah I can see listing them, but I'm paying them to do a job.  I'd have no wedding if it wasn't for FI's boss (nice raise) but I'm not thanking him. 

I'm not sure how the story ended.  Maybe with a beat down.  But you know how competitive some markets are here in DC there is like that one cake person everyone likes or the one woman that does alterations in VA.  I can totally see an insane bridezilla doing something like this to get her way.  Better safe than in jail for beating some girl. 
  • edited December 2011

I'm not going to put it on the programs because Idk if we are doing programs. On our website I plan to list then vendors when I finally narrow it down. Do what works for you

Lovin Kimmie
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not putting my vendor info on my program. I don't think the guests need to know who my florist is or what company I used for catering. 

The only way I would mention a vendor is if they were a family member or friend who was doing the service as a gift. I would then list them with any other special thank yous that are in my program.

I am putting my vendors and reviews in my wedding bio, but not on the wedding website that my guests will use. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_listing-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8e4d688f-4df6-4fe5-a4ce-2af88b7311c2Post:b161c432-37be-4165-99ce-b0a04cc348eb">Re: Listing Vendors...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not putting my vendor info on my program. I don't think the guests need to know who my florist is or what company I used for catering.  The only way I would mention a vendor is if they were a family member or friend who was doing the service as a gift. I would then list them with any other special thank yous that are in my program. I am putting my vendors and reviews in my wedding bio, but not on the wedding website that my guests will use. 
    Posted by adgenya[/QUOTE]

Agree with Adgenya!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    I don't plan on putting them on the program, but I probably will list them on my webiste after the wedding.
  • edited December 2011

Interesting! Thanks ladies

• PressMePressMe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My vendors are/will be listed on my planning site/knottie bio.  I've already started rating the people I've been working with.

My guest website doesn't have this information.

The only way I would list them in the program is if the service was free and I promised to advertise.
  • edited December 2011

The only vendor I've ever heard of listing on a wedding program is the coordinator/planner and of course the officiant.  As for the Knot urban legend I actually heard of that too.  I actually heard of the venue being cancelled.  I personally did not list my vendors but I will do reviews once I do a wedding bio.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards