African American Weddings
Options

Tell It All Thursday

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tell It All Thursday

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok, I will jump right in...

If I could change something about myself, it would be how d*mn sensitive I am. I have ALWAYS been like but that is something that I cant stand at times.

There is nothing wrong with having a soft spot but geez!

I have gotten better but I still feel like I am quite sensitive.

I cannot tell you how many freakin times I have cried during this planning process...

UGH!!!

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant do just one,lol.... But I will do TWO.

My nappy hair, oh geez, its so thick , and my stylist loves it, me on the other hand, not so much.

2. My inability to react sometimes before I think about the consequences. This is my biggest fault.

Tys- Your sensitivity comes from being a woman and a mom. But I know you couldnt imagine yourself being harden?I love having and expressing emotions, dont change.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I could change anything about me, it would be my attitude. I can hold a grudge from now to Judgement Day and still know what you did. It must be due to the fact that I'm an Aries!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am too indecisive and a people pleaser, to a fault!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would definately speak up more. i know this is  something that can be changed its just taking me some time. now dont get me wrong i dont let people walk over me i just let alot roll of my shoulders until i explode.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would change how sensitive I am. I take everything way too personally.  I'd also like to be able to play the game better.  I'm lousy at keeping my emotions to myself.  If I like you, you know it.  If I dislike you, you know it.  Not being able to put up a mask and knowing when to wall off my feelings and put on a fake face has been a serious problem in my life. 

***rodeo***there is nothing wrong with holding a good grudge.  I'm a big grudge holder.  If you wrong me why should I forgive and forget?  I MAY forgive eventually but I will NEVER forget.  Grudges are our minds way of saying remember this person hurt you before watch out for them.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What I want to change about my self is to become more of a "go-getter" , and less of a "dreamer". I want do my thing, but then I get scared and don't follow through.

• Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could change something about myself I'd want to be a quicker thinker.  I hate when I get into a situation and then afterwards think of a million better ways to have handled it, or a million wittier things I could have said. 

I think I love internet chatting because I can think about things a little bit longer and really say what I mean, and not talk in circles to get my point out. 

If I were changing looks, I'd love to have longer nail beds.  When I get acrylics on I always make them start the airbrush (or white acrylic) up higher then it should be so that my nail beds look so much longer.  Kind of a weird thing to think about, but I do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to not over-analyze & critique everything. I take what folx say and read so much into it.By the time I'm done, I've added my own lil spin to things and taken it to a whole nother level.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stack, i did the same thing with the nails on my right hand when I got acrylics.

My left fingernails are fine. The right ones a fat and short.

Glad to know I am not the only compulsive-nail-weirdo. LOL!
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tell-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f3f6981-fa01-400a-be57-f0de414bc93fPost:08376ae9-264a-4480-98e6-1c96ca29598b">Re: Tell It All Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stack, i did the same thing with the nails on my right hand when I got acrylics. My left fingernails are fine. The right ones a fat and short. Glad to know I am not the only compulsive-nail-weirdo. LOL!
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

I've always thought one hand looked better than the other too!  LOL.  Wow, this post makes me feel lots better!  (as I glance down and see my non manicured nails halfway grown out from acrylics) BARF. 
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to be more assertive in certain work/personal situations.  For instance, I just had contractors doing work on my house before I put it on the market.  I always try to be "nice" to them but they don't seem to respond well to that b/c twice now they have completely ignored one of my requests.  I always say I'm going to be firm/stern next time we talk, but then I end up being nice again, thinking that will encourage them to get everything done.  Vicious cycle!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay I'm going to take a different route.  If I could change one thing about myself it would be to be about 15-20 pounds lighter - I know very VAIN.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tell-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f3f6981-fa01-400a-be57-f0de414bc93fPost:4b0926ae-f52b-4d2b-8346-b2658fb1af3c">Re: Tell It All Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay I'm going to take a different route.  If I could change one thing about myself it would be to be about 15-20 pounds lighter - I know very VAIN.
    Posted by dawnbeatty[/QUOTE]

Same here...except maybe 10 pounds. I'd tighten the tummy and add some boobage.

I'd stop being such a procrastinator too...things always get done, but always last minute.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    KamishKamish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tell-thursday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8f3f6981-fa01-400a-be57-f0de414bc93fPost:5b72f1b3-4f24-4d05-af22-b59a87a19b4d">Re: Tell It All Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I want to change about my self is to become more of a "go-getter" , and less of a "dreamer". I want do my thing, but then I get scared and don't follow through.
    Posted by Aguaviolet[/QUOTE]

I am stealing this one!!!!!!!!!!!  You said it perfectly!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stackeye, I was going to say the same thing.  I constantly kick myself for not coming up with something witty to say. 

I love what Off has to say about grudges.  That's so true.

The other thing I would change about myself is not worrying so much about what others think.  I've actually considered taking my wedding dress back because my mom doesn't like it.  But I love it, so screw what she thinks.  RIght?!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would change that fact that I have become a slacker since not working!!! Uugghhh!!! I so hate it! Being on the computer ALLLL DAY!!! LOL!! I am going to get it together hopefully!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, here goes, I would become a morning person.  I struggle in the AM but find I am so productive when I start early.  Since finishing school, I have not even thought about waking at 4 or 5AM.

Physically, I would def make my butt, um, sit a little higher, have a little more, um, roundness, remove fat from my waist and put it in my breasts.  I am not paying a Dr. to do this, so it is a what if...
    @TamTam- Girl, keep your dress!!  You have to wear it and be happy in it!!!
  • Options
    KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Rodeo-its not just you doll...my zodiac sign is leo (the lion) and baby I don't hold grudges-I create "everlasting" shyt lists.

One thing I would change about me is my: directness. I am trying on a daily basis to be some what passive before responding.

• Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm perfect, ladies, can't help you here! lol j/k

I'm inconsistent. That's pretty much it. Started out with studying vet medicine and had to stop because my mother passed and had to learn how to survive. Tried pharmacy but I am chemistry-challenged. Went to IT where I take it like a duck to water but my passion is medicine. If I had unlimited money and time, I would keep taking chemistry until I passed it and got med school. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards