African American Weddings
Options

SERIOUSLY OVERWHELMED

Hello All,

So my world was turned upside down when FI just got this HUGE promotion at work. He's been wanting this for years, but it couldn't have come at a worse time!!! He's putting in 12-14 hour days and commuting 50 miles to work. Now don't get me wrong, I am very proud of my man, but it is so hard to be supportive when my wedding planning buddy is MIA. I'm 90 items overdue on the "Knot Checklist, I'm sleeping alone most nights, and now I'm having mini breakdowns without him. 

This is no normal wedding, its two different ceremonies, an 18 hour hell-of-a day. I have yet to find a wedding planner because the details of the event scares them ALL away. And so far same thing with the caterers. I just had a coordinator email me saying that my venue is THE hardest venue she has ever worked with and she would never do it again-let alone with two weddings in one day.

All of this on top of the fact that FI and I have to move.... very far away to an area of LA that we are not familiar with AT ALL... I have no idea where to start looking for a house.

Sorry this was long, I just HAD to get it out.... I guess long story short, I'm overwhelmed and giving up.
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: SERIOUSLY OVERWHELMED

• Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwwww sweetie breath!!!!!! First and formost get urself together! You are not going to be good to anyone not even yourself until you relax.

Stop looking at the checklist! Your FI's job is very demanding and that is probably not going to change any time soon, so you have to make the best of it. Take on just a few task a week around 5, it will make the check list go by faster and you will not feel so overwhelmed.

Your coordinator should have NEVER put her frustaration about your wedding off on you, she is the professional she needs to handle herself better. If she is overwhelmed she needs to hire an assistant!

With the house hunt, google some real estate agents in the area in which you are moving to and start calling around until you feel comfortable with one, until then got to www.hotpads.com type in the zipcode and it will pull up all the listings of available houses.

Don't give up your search for a wedding planner one is out there, see if you can find one that specializes with multiple ceremonies in one day, ussually some one who works with Indian weddings can help with that since those planners are used to having weddings that spam over a long period of time. try www.wedalert.com, also try www.weddingwire.com don't forget about the knots vendor listings.

It will all be okay but you CANNOT let this wedding consume your sanity, it is only ONE day, and yes it is a significant day, at the end of the day it is only a drop in a full glass of marriage!!!!!
     Hope this helped
  • Options
    KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hell if it didn't help amberlynned it sho' helped me (ebonics intended)!!!  I feel her pain- I am missing my baby also.
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG TINAMM, thank you. You're right... one step at a time. Right now, we need to find a coordinator and a caterer. Then I'll just tackle the list one-by-one.

Thank you sooooooo much for the links. I'm already on them searching. :)

I'm just gonna keep praying and working at it....
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards