African American Weddings
Options

If you had an unlimited budget....

...what would your wedding look like?

I was thinking about this the other day, its hard when you really get your hopes up when day-dreaming.

1. My venue would be the newly remodeled and now modern Deyoung museum in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. They have a beautiful outdoor ceremony spot for $500, but you have to have the reception there as well and the venue is $5000. You then must use one of their approved caterers.

2. I would order all my flowers from a professional and have everything put together instead of ordering from Sam's Club and doing all the flowers myself.

3. I'd also hire a wedding planner, give them my vision and let them run with it.

4. My BMs would be in TwoBirds dresses

5. I'd be having a cocktail hour and an open bar. Heck there would be alcohol which we won't be having any.

n have a kick butt wedding.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: If you had an unlimited budget....

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely have one of those type of weddings you see on platinum weddings!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    David Tutera inspired wedding.....bright colors, endless drinks, great music and bling all over the room.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have most of the same things, but I'd have:

1. I would have sent limos to pick up all of our guests so they wouldn't have had to drive.

2. I would have made sure a florist stayed on site the entire time to make sure every table looked flawless the whole time.

3. I would have had those darn chivari chairs!!!

4. I would have hired a MOH so the day of my MOHs could have relaxed & enjoyed themselves instead of working their butts off! LOL

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

GURL my wedding would be done by PRESTON BAILEY and he would slam that dang-gone place with such fierce-ness cuz his is all that!!!  Oh stop my heart, it was just a dream...LOL!Tongue out

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would have had my flowers done professionally again.  i had a florist the first time around.

i would probably have picked another venue.  while i love FI's cousin backyard for our small ceremony, i would pick another place. where?  not sure!  LOL

i would have a reception with all types of food stations...chicken, beef, sushi, vegan/vegetarian.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I cannot even being to put down what I would have it I had an unlimited budget. It would take all day because I would constantly be coming back and adding to my list.

• Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. Flowers Flowers Flower Flowers in the colors of the wedding and several diffeent types.
    2. I would have a second line band come to Florida from New Orleans to have that real authentic new orleans feel for my fi and his family and to introduce my family to it.
    3. I would have a wide variety of food choices and open bar.
    4. The reception and ceremony decorations would be exactly how I wish them to be.
    5. We would have our photobooth and a variety of entertainment for our guests all night!
    6. Ross Oscar Knight would photograph my wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you prncsz...Flowers, flowers, flowers!
    Also, an Aston Martin as our transporation for me and FI, a live band with Chrisette Michelle or Chantae Moore and Tyrese, singing at different times of course,(LOL) AND a DJ, and I would want the venue to look something like this

Can you say: Champagne taste on a beer budget..That's me all day...LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Sparklett I so agree! I would be here all day! LOL but a few things...

1. Limos for all bridal party
    2. evening wedding
    3. Cocktail hour
    4. Open Bar
    5. Banging Centerpieces and decor and lighting.
    6. AFTER PARTY FOR MY NIGERIAN INLAWS complete with a MONEY dance
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_unlimited-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9286b0c2-518d-4224-a396-88e27eaf138ePost:90533795-04e5-4716-99c4-d30f2db94a8c">Re: If you had an unlimited budget....</a>:
    [QUOTE]GURL my wedding would be done by PRESTON BAILEY and he would slam that dang-gone place with such fierce-ness cuz his is all that!!!  Oh stop my heart, it was just a dream...LOL!
    Posted by alfdallas21[/QUOTE]

LOL, Yes all of this !!!!!! and put it on a private island. Where everyone had to arrive by boats.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_unlimited-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9286b0c2-518d-4224-a396-88e27eaf138ePost:1e2b721b-de37-4f5b-a67a-0e462a4aa130">Re: If you had an unlimited budget....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you had an unlimited budget.... : LOL, Yes all of this !!!!!! and put it on a private island. Where everyone had to arrive by boats.
    Posted by KSTURGIS[/QUOTE]

My mom went to a wedding like that. They rented out an entire island in the San Francisco Bay for the entire day. All the guests were transported by boats to the island.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards