African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)

TERRIBLE

TERRIBLE

TERRIBLE

There were sooooooooooooo many things that went WRONG today its insane…

I get to the location and then I park. I walk half way across Universal City Walk (an addition to Universal Studios where all the shops and restaurants are...its HUGE) for the receptionist NOT to be there…

I left my phone is the car so I didn’t know what I was going to do.

There was a courier also there that was waiting for someone so I asked if I could borrow his phone. I called the HR rep that contacted me and she said that she would call the guy I was meeting with to let him know that I was there. I don’t think that EVER happened because I had an email from her with directions once I got back to my car.

Anyway, there was another lady in the office that I told that I had an interview and would like for her to tell him that I was there...NEVER happened…

Then there was ANOTHER lady who said he was there and was supposed to let him know I was there…NEVER happened…

I called the HR rep back and she didn’t answer her work phone or her cell phone so I was STILL waiting…(45 minutes later)

FINALLY the receptionists come back like 15 minutes AFTER their notice said they would…

Funny thing is, I saw them leaving when I had gotten there and was looking for the building.

So I am sitting there like this is NOT good…

Then I FINALLY meet the guy and I make sure to let him know that I was here before 12:30 pm…Hes like its ok, don’t worry about it…you are here now…

So we go to a conference room and he has to go out for something but asks if I have a copy of my resume (of course). I am waiting for him to get back and he asks me to take a seat and then he leaves AGAIN to see if he was interviewing me for the position that he had available in his department (ummmm...why else would I be here?).

The second time he walks out, I was like I am NOT gonna get this job…I just felt it…especially with everything that happened prior to us even meeting.

Anyway, so we sat down and he skims through my resumes. He starts to asks me questions about my current position. He was barely looking at me and his body language REALLY told it all…

Not even 10 minutes into the interview, he basically tells me that I don’t have the skill set that he is looking for and that he is disappointed in his HR/recruiting team for sending me in to even interview for that position…

One thing that he DID mention is that the reason that he wanted me to come in was because of Sony Pictures being my current employer.

Ummmmm…did you NOT look at my resume BEFORE you agreed to have me come in? So how are you disappointed at someone else when you looked at my resume beforehand…or did you NOT really take a detailed look at it?

So I basically wasted gas AND time…I was gone from work for 3 hours for NOTHING!!!

It just felt like a HUGE slap in the face…

So yea…needless to say, Live Nation is a NO GO!!!

Anyway, on to the next…

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, sorry to hear you had a bad experiance.
    Something better will fall into place for your friend. I pray for you daily until we here great news.
    Those people are very rude.
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheer up, God provides!! That was not your job...a better one is waiting for you!! Remember the best is yet to comeSmile

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That just seems crazy.  I guess because I am military and that doesn't happen I didn't know it did.  I am so sorry girl but as Ms Ameera said God provides and your job is waiting for you some where else.  Be blessed!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that wasn't god's plan so lets hope the other position is a go
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's probably best, imagine working for a company that is so unorganized and all over the place like that. Your JOB will come!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that girl! I know that was a terrible way to start and end your day, but remember God has bigger and better things for you. He seems rude and arrogant anyway, no need to work for someone who has that kind of attitude. You will get your dream job!
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-interview-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:992e81fd-e78f-410b-8ac3-b0aacfc2c545Post:53423bd5-534e-4200-9aed-05517470d547">Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's probably best, imagine working for a company that is so unorganized and all over the place like that. Your JOB will come!!
    Posted by sweetjess2011[/QUOTE]

This.....Your blessing is on it's way. Plus, you wouldn't want to work for a boss or company that is dysfunctional like this....you would have been totally miserable! God has your roadmap planned out just be patient and follow his lead!!! Hang in there:-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-interview-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:992e81fd-e78f-410b-8ac3-b0aacfc2c545Post:53423bd5-534e-4200-9aed-05517470d547">Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's probably best, imagine working for a company that is so unorganized and all over the place like that. Your JOB will come!!

Exactly!! God showed you that job was wrong before you even stepped into the interview. Be patient & trust Him. The right job will come along.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your steps are still ordered.  Even when we don't understand why He leads us in the direction we are going keep doing what your doing.  You have no idea whose hands your resume could fall into at that company.  Or it It could be in this case it was to close this door.God has a reason for everything He does.  
    Sending you (((HUGS)))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Horrible on their part and probably tells the story of their management/organizational style.  Not cool.  Their loss, your gain.  Keep it moving. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-interview-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:992e81fd-e78f-410b-8ac3-b0aacfc2c545Post:3d438642-20b2-4509-a179-27ee5a3e6c3b">Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]that wasn't god's plan so lets hope the other position is a go
    Posted by Kedeisha8[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-interview-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:992e81fd-e78f-410b-8ac3-b0aacfc2c545Post:376af6c0-2910-4e1d-bb93-f54d9d5efcb7">Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cheer up, God provides!! That was not your job...a better one is waiting for you!! Remember the best is yet to come
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

This. :) Your job is coming.
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH!!!  That would have blown my mood... But I agree with the other ladies 100% - that is obviously not the job you were meant to have, and you would NEVER want to work for them anyways.

Whenever I go into an interview, I take the mind frame that I'm interviewing them just as much as they're interviewing me... and I let them know that.  It always changes the dynamic when an employer realizes they need to have their act together for me to even consider working there.  And in this case it sounds like Live Nation bombed their interview with you - not the other way around. 

UGH again.  That was so sloppy of them. They missed out on you. Period.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww,I am so sorry, but God has something so much better in store for you! It will happen!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I completely agree! An interview should be a two way street. They are trying to see if they want you but you need to make sure you really want them. How rude of him to say, "don't worry about it, your here now". 

He should have said sorry to you for waiting over 45 minutes. You don't need to work for jerks like that. Trust me, it is a blessing you aren't going to work there.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everything that the other ladies said.  When "your job" comes along, you will know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-interview-review?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:992e81fd-e78f-410b-8ac3-b0aacfc2c545Post:53423bd5-534e-4200-9aed-05517470d547">Re: NWR: Interview Review (Sorry...Long)</a>:

I agree! Keep looking your job is coming
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards