African American Weddings

Bachelorette Party Ideas

Are you involved in the planning of your bachelorette party at all? Are you inviting people that are not in the wedding party? I read somewhere that you shouldn't do that, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break that rule.
I think I'm gonna need to offer some ideas to my friends, so I wanted to get some ideas from you ladies. What do you have planned or what would you like to do?

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas

• adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm not involved in the planning of my bachelorette party at all. 

2. It depends on what my bridesmaids choose. If we go out of town, then no, if we stay in town, then I'll ask that a few of my sorority sisters that we are all close to be included.

3. I've gone to bachelorette parties where we have dinner/pre-party at a house and then head out to a club. I've also done a limo/bar hopping night where the bride had to complete a "scavenger list". 

4. I'd like to do something out of my city. Nothing "themed", just a nice night out with the girls. 
  • jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Having my bachelorette party as part of my wedding weekend since we are getting married in Vegas. I have had minimal involvement with the planning. I just gave my MOH a general idea of things I wanted to do, like a pole dancing class, hitting a few clubs, etc. I have invited a few additional ladies other than those in the bridal party since everyone will be in town for the wedding.

• OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have in BM so I'm basically pulling a couple of my closer friends I can tolerate for more than one day and we're doing an extended Vegas wknd.  I'm pretty much planning since I'm choosing the weekend and hotel, but everything else we will do on the fly.  I'm inviting 4 people and they are all going to be at my wedding.

You can do a ton of things.  You can rent a limo for the night and club hop.  You can head to a destination like a Florida beach since you're close or even New Orleans.  You can have a night a quieter night at home with all your fav movies and make special drinks.  Think what kind of bachelorette party you would most like to have and fits your personality and those you're inviting.
  • edited December 2011
    Im not involved at all. Every time I even look like Im going to ask a question, I get shut down. lol. They did ask me for a small list. So besides them, I invited two of fi's sisters and three other close friends that arent in the wedding. Which would bring the total to nine people. But I told them the decision was completely up to them as to who exactly they will invite and what we are doing.

If you are going to make suggestions, than I agree that you should think of what would best suits you. Whether its a night on the town, pole dancing classes or a slumber party with movies, drinks and games. It should be something that you and your friends will enjoy.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if anyone in my bridal party has given any thought to this yet.  No1 has brought it up as of yet.  I'll probably end up planning it myself, in which case we will rent a limo and go wine tasting.  I'm not much of a club person, so I don't think I want to go club hopping.  There is a bar/lounge that I like that ususally has a live band (It's where FI and I went for our first date), but sometimes that band sucks, so we may skip that idea and just do the wine tasting and a lil' slumber party and watch girly chick flicks and drink wine.  I'll probably invite people outside of the bridal party just 'cause it will bring down the cost of the limo that way.  Probably some co-workers and friends of mine that I know appreciate a good bottle of wine. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm helping to plan my bacholorette party. I want people to be invited that aren't in the wedding party.My maids of honor and i came up with some ideas of themes for the party. Alter ego, Sex in the City, Red Carpet...idk what is going to happen though.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm. I like the alter ego idea. That sounds like fun.

For the most part you all sound like you're having a pretty low key event. What about your FI? They planning something wild? I know mine will have an off tha chain party. They're already talking about it. ugh!  
  • edited December 2011
    1. I'm only involved to the extent that I told my BMs the 3 type of strippers I want.  LOL.  I'm serious.
    2. They are doing all the inviting, etc.  I only wanted to make sure that the strippers were made to order. :)
  • MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told my friends I wanted to go Miami, so that where we are going. My sister is planning everything I'm just helping with the travel plans.
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • edited December 2011
    Deidra 123, do you know where your friends are getting the strippers from? or anything about the cost of the strippers?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards