Washington-Seattle

Dresses under $1K?

Hi Ladies, I'm just starting to look for dresses and I need dress shop recommendations!  I've already been to I Do in Wallingford and had a pretty good experience (I found a dress I really like for only $650!) and I'm hitting up J Crew and Nordstrom in the next week or so.  Any suggestions for other places to try?  I LOVE the corset back, it totally made my waist look tiny, so any place that has those would be great :)

Tasha
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dresses under $1K?

• jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course there's David's.  Alfred Angelo has a little nicer dresses, but still affordable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All That Shimmers in Lakewood, and The Wedding Bell in Tacoma are both nice shops that carry great dresses for under $1k.  I prefer both of them to chains like AA and David's.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from I Do.  BM dresses from All That Shimmers.  I say definitely stick with a corset back, especially if the dress has enough support/boning, etc, along with a corset back, it pretty much eliminates the need for a torso undergarment and can help save $$ in the end.  Plus, like you said, it makes you look skinnier (or at least it did for me!) and offers a bit of flexibility with potential weight changes.  One other shop to look at is Cynderellie's Closet in Edmonds and I've heard good things about Amanda's Bridal in Redmond. 

The designers that I know of that tend to have a lot of offerings under $1k are Mori Lee, Maggie Sottero, and some Casablanca.  Of course there are others so be upfront and hoenst with your salesperson you work with and tell them your budget right off the bat.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I love Pearls and Lace in Burien! They have a wide selection and they are not picky if you try on the dresses yourself or with family.

There's also Everett Outlet Store but they mostely have lace dresses.

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo for chains.  Bride's outlet in Everett has a ton of dresses and most are under $1000.  Cynderelli's Closet in Edmonds is also a good bet.  I didn't want to buy from a big chain but I ended up finding the perfect dress for me at DB .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI, you can buy an Alfred Angelo dress at many bridal salons in the area, not just at its store in Southcenter. It's not a chain the way David's Bridal is; it just happens to have a store here. In many areas the only way you get an AA dress is at a private bridal salon just as with other designers. My AA dress was less than $1,000 and it's beautiful and well-made. I got it at the Southcenter store, but someone I know who bought the same dress last year got hers at Bellevue Bridal.
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I'm trying to stay away from chains like David's, but all the others sound great, thanks ladies!!

Tasha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can't recommend Cinderelies in Edmonds enough! I just bough my dress there and it was a great experience. The store has an intimate feel which make it all the more special. All of there dresses are under 3k and mine was $1,100 with tax and everything. If they don't have exactly what you want they won't just give up, they won't stop until they get the dress. 
    Happy Shopping :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards