African American Weddings

Non Traditional Reception Activities

At my friends wedding they had the bride and groom sit back to back in a chair.  They took off their shoes and gave each other one of their shoes.  So they  would have their own shoe in one had an the other person shoe in their other hand.  The DJ asked them questions and they would hold up whom ever  shoe it applied.  example..DJ would say: who cooks the best?  If the bride thought it was the groom she would hold up his shoe and if the groom thought he cooked better he would hold up his shoe. Since they were back to back they couldn't see what each other answered.  It was fun seeing their answers.  I think we are going to try this at our reception.  Does anyone have any non traditional activities they are doing or seen done?   

**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**

Re: Non Traditional Reception Activities

• I so want to do this at my reception! It's called the wedding shoe game. I saw several you tube videos on this and thought it was different but would be fun for both the couple and the guest! I say go for it! Good luck
  • Yeah some also call it the Newlywed game.  I think it would be fun too.  You should do it too!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • RanyattaCaseyRanyattaCasey member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    I have one things that I am going to do.  Since my theme is Music and Memories I am going to play snippets of  songs from different decades starting with the 2000s and say if you are a married couple then come dance.  They I will play a song from the 90s and say if you werent married when this song came out then please step on the side of the dance floor. Then I will go to 80s, 70s, etc until i get to the couples that have been married the longest  as the only ones dancing...even if they are dancing in wheelchairs and walkers.  it will probably only be one or two couples.  Then I will have the couples surround that couple or couples  and serenade them with "this will be an everlasting love." That is a pretty uptempo song so it should keep the party going.  And this matches my theme of music and memories....

Woo! that was a lot to write. I hope it makes sense.   Let meknow if you need me to explain it a little more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_non-traditional-reception-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a0d6c208-5f86-4924-9ddf-3da153b4827cPost:e30557ca-ddab-4fd8-910a-17dcb2ec9b36">Re: Non Traditional Reception Activities</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have one things that I am going to do.  Since my theme is Music and Memories I am going to play snippets of  songs from different decades starting with the 2000s and say if you are a married couple then come dance.  They I will play a song from the 90s and say if you werent married when this song came out then please step on the side of the dance floor. Then I will go to 80s, 70s, etc until i get to the couples that have been married the longest  as the only ones dancing...even if they are dancing in wheelchairs and walkers.  it will probably only be one or two couples.  Then I will have the couples surround that couple or couples  and serenade them with <strong>"this will be an everlasting love</strong>." That is a pretty uptempo song so it should keep the party going.  And this matches my theme of music and memories.... Woo! that was a lot to write. I hope it makes sense.   Let meknow if you need me to explain it a little more.
    Posted by RanyattaCasey[/QUOTE]

This is our recessional song!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I love that game!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards