African American Weddings
Options

wedding entertainment

Okay guys, we will all be serving food at  our wedding but once they've all eaten, how are you entertaining your guests once you've had your first dance. Are you having any other activities or is the DJ keeping everybody busy till the end of the reception? I am just curious

Re: wedding entertainment

• Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are hiring a DJ for our reception.  Nothing too creative.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We  are having a DJ and a dance floor . So I am hoping everyone will be up and dancing..But I was thinking about having a photo booth .

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We hired a DJ also. So I am interested to see how he keeps everything hyped. I am confident that he will do a great job.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually thinking of getting some High School kids to praise dance.

And of course I have a DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, I have a DJ and a Master of Ceremonies to keep the crowd entertained. I am hoping everyone will dance all night! We are a mixed couple..Jamaican and American, so the music should be GREAT!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are having a DJ and there will also be a photo booth

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave the DJ a specific timeline; so besides dance music we had a dance contest and the DJ had us do a game we weren't expecting which was funny. We had mostly R&B, reggae and pop music with alot of group dances. We needed to keep the group dances because my FI 's parents and my dad are from Jamaica but my mom is cauccasion -Russian so we needed songs that everyone could relate to. Electric Slide, etc.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a DJ and one of our friends who owns a dance company may have them perform. 
    @summerbride11- I like the idea of a dance contest!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a DJ also, but we thought of a specific way we want him to play the songs.  He's going to play hot songs decade-by-decade, starting w/ the 60s.  So the older folks can get out there on the dance floor while it's early and they still have energy (LOL) and then as the night goes on and we get to the 1980s/90s/00s all the young people will probably take over the dance floor.  We are also having a Prince vs. Michael Jackson portion of the evening, b/c I absolutely love those parties and wanted to recreate that energy at our wedding.  Finally, my FI is an Alpha and they are doing the serenade/step for me, so that will entertain people I'm sure!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards