African American Weddings
Options

15 percent

is it common for the caterer to charge a extra 15 percent fee to pay the venue in addition to the fees you are paying the venue

Re: 15 percent

• Options
    Is it the gratuity/service fee? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    Are you paying the venue this same fee as well? Our venue is doing the catering, and they're charging us a 15% service fee.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    we can only use two caterers the venue is charging the caterer 15 percent they are adding it to our bill in addition to the venue fee so wondering if is common
  • Options
    So it sounds like you are charged a gratuity/service fee for the caterer and then the venue charges their fee to use their location.  I guess since technically it's two seperate vendors, then it's standard business procedure.  But it wouldn't hurt to speak with the vendor again just to clarify.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    I think our original package was 15 percent. But we negotiated the gratuity and tips included. Summerbride 11 that baby is soso cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awww thanks Demea!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_15-percent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a9264d30-66d6-42c2-9a2b-8123c93d3804Post:0b57d715-fa05-4a91-b5f5-cef40d4a060d">Re: 15 percent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you paying the venue this same fee as well? <strong>Our venue is doing the catering, and they're charging us a 15% service fee.</strong>
    Posted by mandydc0509[/QUOTE]

This for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards