African American Weddings
Options

Getting Ready Timeline?

So it usually takes me about 20-30 minutes to get ready each morning for work.  Obviously, I'll be more meticulous and have people helping me for the big day, but I am not sure how long I should set aside for getting ready.  Assuming my hair would be done and all I'd need is a quick touch up, I'm thinking I'd only need 2 hours to get my make up done and get into my dress and accessories.  Does that seem too short?  Too long?  I have no idea how long it REALLY takes, and I keep remembering recent brides on this board saying they were rushing on their wedding day.  I don't want to feel rushed, so maybe I should build in more time just in case?  

How much time are you all setting aside to get dressed and get your make up/hair done on your wedding day?  
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Getting Ready Timeline?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am incredibly slow when I have to do my own hair and makeup...I would like to see the responses to your question as well. I am so jealous that you can get ready in a half an hour on a typical work day!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ Eagles - I'm extremely lazy actually so I do my hair in styles that don't require a ton of manipulation in the morning, I keep my showers to about 7 minutes unless I'm shaving my legs, and I don't wear a lot of make up so that cuts out a lot of extra time.  I also hate ironing, so I always wear clothes that don't need that - LOL.

• Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  I wonder why it takes me so long to get dressed in the morning.  I don't wear makeup, because I'm too lazy to be bothered with that.  I don't even put on lipstick most days.  I pull my hair back into a bun everyday, and I just throw on whatever is clean and at least just slightly wrinkled.  But it still takes me at least 45 minutes.  I guess I take long showers to try and wake myself up.

To answer your question.  I haven't given any thought to this.  I'll probably need more than two hours too.  I thought that I was being generous by giving myself two hours.
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup artist will be at my hotel putting me together, so really it seems like the timeline really  depends on her. I know putting on my accessories and dress wont take long for me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I end up going with the MUA that is doing my air brush make up trial next month, it should take her 45 min to do my make up.  I just remembered that she told me that last time we talked.  So if you add in at least 30 min to touch up my hair (just in case) and 30 minutes for getting dressed, I guess I'll be generous and set aside 2.5-3 hours to get ready.  Ugh, that just seems like such a long time!  And one thing I do NOT WANT is to be ready, and sit there waiting to meet with the photographer, etc.  I hate being ready with make up and everything on and not going anywhere...I usually get pissed when that happens.  
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know I'm the same way Cincy.  I hate to wait around when I'm all dressed up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really think that time will fly buy date twin! I am going to give myself 3-4 hours total to get ready.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Tam - yeah girl, I remember waiting on some dude when he was supposed to come take me on a date when I was in college and I was literally sitting there SWEATING I was so mad.  LOL!

@ Yas - you know what, I will give myself 3-4 hours too.  I think I will need more time vs. less just in case...good thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards