Washington-Seattle
Options

GM gifts

Need ideas for FI of what he can get the guys. What are you guys getting?  We're trying to think of things beyond the typical flask, etc.  And yes, I've already suggested to FI to customize each gift....*sigh* apparently that's too much to think about?? Sorry, mini rant there.
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: GM gifts

• Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I found these a while ago and thought it was a cool idea but only if they would actually wear them!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Flip" like video camera--H didn't like the Fip's quality, found at better one at the same price point but I have no clue what it was (you'd know better anyway)

Omaha steaks

Fishing stuff for his bro

Some fancy pen his other brother wanted, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg, so piggybacking this one.  Remember how similar our FIs are?  Yeah, mine needs help too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carissa - That is pretty doggone cool!  But knowing a couple of the guys I doubt they'd wear them.

Melissa - I like the Flip idea.  I had thought about it so we'll see.

Jenny - too annoying! I KNEW this was going to happen!  Told him a while ago to start thinking about things and now as he sees I've gotten stuff for my girls he goes "Well what should I get the guys?"  How the heck should I know!??
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of the GM is super into comic books etc so we will do something along those lines.  Another is into old movies and his ex stole them all so we will replace some.  The BM....haven't a clue.  To make matter's worse.....FI doesn't understand the idea of attendant gifts so he is no help whatsoever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had this problem too...H wanted something original..but hated every idea out there. about 1.5 wks before the wedding, i ordered them flasks..cause otherwise they were gettin' nothing. i had H buy a bottle of whisky so they can ceremonial-y fill them up while getting ready...but H forgot, and sent his BM to do it the day of the wedding. =P
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's not very original, but what about Swiss Army knives?  My H uses his all the time!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI, his brother and my brothers (not doing a WP, but if we were) would all love a bottle of their favorite liquor and maybe a fancy cigar.  Or a gift cert for a nice steak.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we bought them converse, cufflinks, and ties. and i think we're buying them liquor.. although we've spent enough already! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards