African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Dress Question

I am looking for some places to begin scouting out my wedding gown.  I'm on a budget ($1K max) and I don't want to just be restricted to David's (nothing wrong with them of course but want more options).  Any suggestions? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress Question

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm not sure of your style or size, but I am selling my wedding dress in your price range and it's in really good condition. It's Ambrosia by Maggie Sottero in Diamond White, size 16, but can fit smaller size due to corset. The bustle is already done and cups were added up top. Please let me know if you are interested. You can email me at busybruck@aol.com

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if there is an Alfred Angelo near you they have pretty dresses..  Or you might want to google wedding dress shops. I did that and found several little shops in the city that i didnt think about. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I see that you are in Austin. Are you willing to buy a sample dress? If so, you should drive down to Houston and check out Merry go Round. I recommend it to everyone on a strict budget but wants a high end dress. I saw dresses in there original price $2K and up selling for $600 - $800. 

Also, many brides love Pearl's Place if you want discounted new dresses. 

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont limit yourself to Davids, some of the dresses are just as pricey. Alot of bridal shops sell brand new sample gowns for half the cost.  I purchased a new Maggie Sottero Gown that was priced at $1100 but got the dress for $550 because it was discontinued.  Also, check out bridal shows in your area, they usually will sale sample gowns at the show.  Good luck and keep us updated on your search.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  Carla I will definitely check out Merry Go Round...I can always make a day trip to Houston, I'm about two hours away. 

I have no idea what my size in bridal is yet, because I haven't gotten measured, but since I wear a 14-16 in my clothes I'm sure my dress will be a size or so bigger. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are comfortable with having your dress shipped to you, you can try Pearls Place. Alot of knotties have used them. They tend to be cheaper on designer gowns. I would suggest trying on the dress you want, calling Pearls Place to see if the price might be cheaper, and have it shipped to you. They are located in New Orleans, LA (I am getting my dress from them) and I can say they are a reputable place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are not opposed, check your city for gown rentals. I'm renting my dress for 800 and it's retail value is over $6000
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try to find a retailer that sells Mori Lee.  They have great fashions, high quality fabrics and very comeptitive pricing with many styles under $1,000.  
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards