Washington-Seattle
Options

Dessert Bar

Did anyone/is anyone doing a dessert bar at their wedding? Do you mind letting me know some of the pricing you've encountered for it? How many options are you having/did you have? What vendor do you suggest?

I love this idea, and for my heavy apps reception, I think a dessert bar is a great idea. I met one person recently at a small wedding vendor exibit I went to and reached out to her and she never responded! Talk about customer service...

I'm planning on doing this on the same table as my cake (cutting cake and cupcake display). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dessert Bar

• Options
    Sorry I don't have any vendors to suggest, but for ideas/pricing, maybe you could ask some of the ladies on the Food and Cakes board?

I went to a small wedding show recently, and Frost donuts were there. They offer a chocolate fountain to dip donut holes on, and then you can add sprinkles and coconut shavings on top. It was really tasty! They also have mini donuts in lots of flavors.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_dessert-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:1c2bb46e-5cd4-40cf-9802-f68a234543a1Post:689d1968-5696-4c37-90b4-ce217a34f1fb">Re: Dessert Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry I don't have any vendors to suggest, but for ideas/pricing, maybe you could ask some of the ladies on the Food and Cakes board? I went to a small wedding show recently, and Frost donuts were there. They offer a chocolate fountain to dip donut holes on, and then you can add sprinkles and coconut shavings on top. It was really tasty! They also have mini donuts in lots of flavors.
    Posted by doublenn[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I thought about it, but I was hoping to get more local suggestions/ideas.

I found a few places when I did a google search and have contacted them, just waiting to hear back.
  • Options
    We did a dessert bar and it was amazing.. but my aunt did it all on her own (she used to own her own catering company, and is now an event planner) So I'm pretty useless on that topic.. I will say, however, that it was a HUGE hit because so many people don't like cake and like having options! We did a dessert bar and a candy bar, and 8 months later people still comment on them. I highly recommend :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_dessert-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:1c2bb46e-5cd4-40cf-9802-f68a234543a1Post:ffb9dc89-e949-4a01-aa19-77a873f9e13b">Re: Dessert Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did a dessert bar and it was amazing.. but my aunt did it all on her own (she used to own her own catering company, and is now an event planner) So I'm pretty useless on that topic.. I will say, however, that it was a HUGE hit because so many people don't like cake and like having options! We did a dessert bar and a candy bar, and 8 months later people still comment on them. I highly recommend :)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I think it's a great idea. I'm not going to do the candy buffet, but I love the dessert bar. I heard back from one person that I found online. She said it starts at about $1,000, depending on the items, decoration/detail, etc. I think I would like the cupcakes and cake cutting cake, small cheesecakes (individual sized), a cookie choice, cake pops and maybe whoopie pie or something like that. I may reach out to a co-worker who is an amazing baker and see if she would be interested in doing the baking for it. I'd then just order the cutting cake and cupcakes seperate.
  • Options
    this is some fun inspiration:

I think you could do a dessert bar for FAR cheaper. You can always go to specialty shops the day before and buy a bunch of fun stuff like mini cupcakes and cake pops. (if you make the cake pops yourself,  and put a hard coating over them they freeze really easily so you could make them as far as a month in advance) 

• Options
    veassieveassie member
    First Comment
    1k seems like a lot for a dessert bar! You can probably do it cheaper for sure! Keep us updated on how the search goes, I am hoping to do one too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I found a coworker at work who is an amazing baker and she is interested in doing the desserts. I'll just order my cupcakes and cutting cake seperate. DIY is much better than $1,000! :)
    Looks like I can rent the platters for pretty cheap so I think we'll be good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards