African American Weddings
Options

What would you do...?

So, I entered to win a free engagement session and I actually won!!!!! I'm so excited. It's all completely FREE!!! However I was going to do the e session with my photog for $250 so we all can become comfortable with each other and so they know which sides are our good sides and etc... so when the actually wedding day is here it's more easy going....

So would you all do a  session with another photog for FREE or would you pay your own photog $250?

Do you think it really makes that big of a difference if you get comfy with your photog or not before the actual wedding date???

Thanks ladies

Re: What would you do...?

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do both sessions! You can never have too many pix! lol. We're actually about to do another session {which I guess wouldn't be an "engagement session" since we're married} because I don't feel we have enough shots from the first one. I plan to do a photo guestbook, a large pic when you first enter the venue, table numbers with our pix, our venue has big book shelves where we can put our pix... so we need to have A LOT of pix! No one wants to keep seeing the same pix everywhere. And our first session was NOT with our day of photog. I think the 2nd session won't be either. I don't think it's THAT important to be comfy with your photog. Either they know what they're doing or they don't. But who am I? lol
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also do both!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would do both.  I love pictures though and you can never have too many!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking to do both, but I didn't know if that was doing Too much!!! But what I have decided to do is do our photog as our e pics and get all dressed up and sexy, and the Free session will be our family photos with our children!!!!
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do the free one only. IMO thats $250 you can put somewhere else if you need to.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your idea sounds great! Use them both.
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BOTH!!!!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - do both. It's very important that you develop some kind of bond with your photog and he/she gets to know you and your FI's personality, but I wouldn't pass up on anything free!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do both!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do both..You can never have too many pics..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_would-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b1f1d608-cd10-41bd-954b-7befd5a6c144Post:98f7d053-35e3-402a-8e60-6fe5812ae722">Re: What would you do...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking to do both, but I didn't know if that was doing Too much!!! But what I have decided to do is do our photog as our e pics and get all dressed up and sexy, and the Free session will be our family photos with our children!!!!
    Posted by mrsnana[/QUOTE]

I actually like this idea. But would the company you won the free session with be okay with it not being an e-session but rather family included? If so, sounds like a good idea! Congrats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do both...the free ones are an awesome bonus, but coming from someone who changed photographers after taking e-pics, I strongly recommend that you test drive your wedding photographer.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_would-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b1f1d608-cd10-41bd-954b-7befd5a6c144Post:52a29942-1991-46e5-9fec-8628ada598d4">Re: What would you do...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would do both...the free ones are an awesome bonus, but coming from someone who changed photographers after taking e-pics, I strongly recommend that you test drive your wedding photographer.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

Ditto this here! I had to change photographers also. So I would definitely take pictures with them as a practice run.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards