African American Weddings

How much for DJ

Hey Knotties

Ive been quoted a few prices for wedding djs and they are outrageous. The cheapestive found is 800, they will do the ceremony music, reception, lights and also coordinate everything. Am I being cheap or does that sound like a lot? The vendor has amazing reviews and I believe I will be saving with not having to hire a DOC. What you think?? I would love to hire lil Ray Ray from the hood but im almost positive the quality will not be the same..
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much for DJ

• Thats not outrageous at all. It doesnt mean you dont need a DOC though. For that to include uplighting is really good. TBH the DJ will make or break your reception. Even if you have the best decor and ppl are bored out of their minds they're going to remember that. He contorls the entire flow and vibe of the reception
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • *dead*.....not Lil Ray Ray!!! LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:988e35cc-181d-4c2f-a27f-29a616c74d38">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats not outrageous at all. It doesnt mean you dont need a DOC though. For that to include uplighting is really good. TBH the DJ will make or break your reception. Even if you have the best decor and ppl are bored out of their minds they're going to remember that. He contorls the entire flow and vibe of the reception
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Yea I want people up and dancing and the last thing I want is to look around and see everyone frowning. Ok I figured I was being cheap ha.. The lady said she coordinates the ceremony and reception, im not sure how that will work if she,s the dj. I will look into a DOC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:154a7471-1924-4450-bff6-fa2880ff022f">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]*dead*.....not Lil Ray Ray!!! LOL!
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]

LMBO.. GIRLLLLLLLLL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl... My DJ is $1,300.00, DOC is $300.00... Wanna trade? Cuz $800 sounds GREAT to me! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:4124591a-0bf8-49aa-a190-5421fd7acee4">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girl... My DJ is $1,300.00, DOC is $300.00... Wanna trade? Cuz $800 sounds GREAT to me! Lol
    Posted by SyAmaya[/QUOTE]

LOL.. Well I think I may take my DJ and run with em lol..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:bea129b2-91c5-43a4-90ac-e66a4ec3b564">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much for DJ : LOL.. Well I think I may take my DJ and run with em lol..
    Posted by Toiizloved[/QUOTE]

Yea that's a great price. My DJ is $600 for 12 lights and reception. I have a separate ceremony music crew....

BUT I'm thinking about talking to my DJ about adjusting this pricing because I want a live band for dinner.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • gmg75241gmg75241 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:4554f3fd-8662-4133-8dd8-a99ce427745c">How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Knotties Ive been quoted a few prices for wedding djs and they are outrageous. The cheapestive found is 800, they will do the ceremony music, reception, lights and also coordinate everything. Am I being cheap or does that sound like a lot? The vendor has amazing reviews and I believe I will be saving with not having to hire a DOC. What you think?? I would love to hire lil Ray Ray from the hood but im almost positive the quality will not be the same..

LMAO!!!!!!

Im in Dallas and Im going with D&D DJ Services. They were recommended by my friend who is a teacher.He does the proms for DISD and som of the other districts. He is charging me $500 and it comes with 40''screens for our engagement pics and lighting. They are also doing the cermony for that p[rice.
    Give him a call because he said he is always running deals. 2145369712
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Girl I called them the other day. I replied to the other post where you told me to contact them. Let me find it. Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:4e399c49-6928-4fc1-87e1-5cb303d1566a">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How much for DJ : LMAO!!!!!! Im in Dallas and Im going with D&D DJ Services. They were recommended by my friend who is a teacher.He does the proms for DISD and som of the other districts. He is charging me $500 and it comes with 40''screens for our engagement pics and lighting. They are also doing the cermony for that p[rice. Give him a call because he said he is always running deals. 2145369712
    Posted by gmg75241[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:4e399c49-6928-4fc1-87e1-5cb303d1566a">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How much for DJ : LMAO!!!!!! Im in Dallas and Im going with D&D DJ Services. They were recommended by my friend who is a teacher.He does the proms for DISD and som of the other districts. He is charging me $500 and it comes with 40''screens for our engagement pics and lighting. They are also doing the cermony for that p[rice. Give him a call because he said he is always running deals. 2145369712

Here's my reply: Girlllll I called the DJ and he answered like I called the wrg num. Asked where I got his num from and I told them the knot.. He hung up on me lol.. Called back blocked and I didnt answer. Another call comes through and I answered, the guy said he was from the DJ company and the person I originally called was busy at the time and thats why he hung up. Isid well that was rude lol.

I have a meeting with the floral company on the 22nd. Let you know how that goes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmg75241gmg75241 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:3e7f8596-10df-43d1-a959-a97bf9170547">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much for DJ : Here's my reply: Girlllll I called the DJ and he answered like I called the wrg num. Asked where I got his num from and I told them the knot.. He hung up on me lol.. Called back blocked and I didnt answer. Another call comes through and I answered, the guy said he was from the DJ company and the person I originally called was busy at the time and thats why he hung up. Isid well that was rude lol. I have a meeting with the floral company on the 22nd. Let you know how that goes.

OMG!!

That is defintely not a response I got. I know he said he works with 3 other djs also. I dont know what that was about but he has been very professional with me, answered every call, and when he didnt, got right back to me. I will call and tell him I referred someone and it didnt meet her expectations and maybe he will give you a deal because he said he is all about the customer. Well I will do that if you want me to lol. I dont want any of my vendor referrals to fall through.

EDIT:
    Just called and said someone had felt they were treated rudely when they were referred and said he had recently been going through issues with someone playing on his phone and he was actually at the phone store seeing about changing his number. (Although he didnt because his recurring clients etc has his original number) So I guess give him a call again if you want lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_how-much-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b2605b49-868c-4b72-a005-54c888a64f5cPost:21a1859e-0c4f-4587-ae0e-f01369503069">Re: How much for DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How much for DJ : OMG!! That is defintely not a response I got. I know he said he works with 3 other djs also. I dont know what that was about but he has been very professional with me, answered every call, and when he didnt, got right back to me. I will call and tell him I referred someone and it didnt meet her expectations and maybe he will give you a deal because he said he is all about the customer. Well I will do that if you want me to lol. I dont want any of my vendor referrals to fall through. EDIT: Just called and said someone had felt they were treated rudely when they were referred and said he had recently been going through issues with someone playing on his phone and he was actually at the phone store seeing about changing his number. (Although he didnt because his recurring clients etc has his original number) So I guess give him a call again if you want lol

Thanks girl. I will give him another call.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im looking for  a DJ/MC in Central Jersey  for my wedding in August 2013. Pls let me know if you know  of one. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards