African American Weddings
Options

I have a question about FMIL

How has everybody been doing, Im still hangin on lol.
Ok so how do you ldies feel about FMIL:
1. Take her or leave her
2. Love her
3. Wish she would move to another country SealedSealed

I think im at #2. I have not heard from this woman when it comes to the wedding since we have been engaged & now a month b4, she calls only b/c Fi told her to stop asking him what's going on. She starts with how come we don't know anything he not telling us, I should be able to ask my son what's going on! Well, umm he's been really busy at work and most guys don't know the details...what do you want to know? WE DON'T KNOW NOTHING! lol, ok well then I give her a run down. She says well what do you need help with? Even though I could use a hand on some of these DIY projects I said nothing everything is done. She says WHY DIDN'T U CALL ME! I don't have ur # but Fi said he gave u mine a long time ago. WELL I THOUGHT U HAD HELP. Omg, omg, omg lady lol I kinda want # 3 too

Re: I have a question about FMIL

• Options
    None of these's can justify..lol. My FMIL has no interest about the wedding at all. If I don't say anything about its like outta sight outta mind. Just the other day I tried to ask her has she started looking for MOG dresses..she was like um..No..Ill get there, there's time and then moved on to something else. That told me she has no interest. So I decided from that moment on I will no longer discuss or ask with her.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    Lol You just can't win can you. I would be frustrated with that convo you had. I love the FMIL, what I don't understand is that she does wedding planning, but had no involvement in our wedding. Anytime I have a question she is always too busy doing church/ funeral functions. I'm over here winging it. At this point what isn't done isn't going to get done.
  • Options
    Lol that's exactly were I been I know she is not interested & I told Fi if she wanted to be involved she would have been called, don't have her calling me now. She called once then went back to making him the middle man...oh but she does text me & reply back to my text the next day or through him. She hasn't even met my fam yet every time we tried it was a no, and even on holidays....Umm FMIL u aint doing nothing else! U want a new job? Go see if they hiring in Alaska! Lol
  • Options
    Well I am lucky to have a great MIL. I really love her and vice versa, she has interest in the wedding and our relationship. She prays for us (FI and I)  and treats me like her daughter. I'm definitely blessed in this category.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-have-a-question-about-fmil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b30748a0-84db-4ef1-a41d-31d70d6a20dcPost:7c9f3b97-578f-478e-81fd-7f9d963db8ac">Re: I have a question about FMIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I am lucky to have a great MIL. I really love her and vice versa, she has interest in the wedding and our relationship. She prays for us (FI and I)  and treats me like her daughter. I'm definitely blessed in this category.
    Posted by sheikscorpio88[/QUOTE]

<div>That's good that is how it should be, I am closer to the mothers of every other guy I've talked to still more than I am with her...sometimes I just want walk past her and say "weirdo" & run lol then again I can be quite sarcastic so I'll probably say it in the playful way she does to me.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-have-a-question-about-fmil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b30748a0-84db-4ef1-a41d-31d70d6a20dcPost:7c9f3b97-578f-478e-81fd-7f9d963db8ac">Re: I have a question about FMIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I am lucky to have a great MIL. I really love her and vice versa, she has interest in the wedding and our relationship. She prays for us (FI and I)  and treats me like her daughter. I'm definitely blessed in this category.
    Posted by sheikscorpio88[/QUOTE]

This! I love mine too.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

Absolutely LOVE fmil!!! I'm so happy that we get along so well. She's supportive, asks me all the time if I need anything & his aunts want to help as well. She's been excited about us getting married since before he proposed & actually kinda ruined the proposal b/c she kept slipping up lol. Love that lady :) Just praying it'll stay that way forever.

On another note though, in the beginning of planning she was constantly asking FI about details & what we needed & he didn't have a clue -_- She finally decided to just ask me everything instead so I can definitely relate.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my FMIL. She doesn't have any daughters. Her response to me asking if she wanted to go dress shopping with me was priceless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-have-a-question-about-fmil?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b30748a0-84db-4ef1-a41d-31d70d6a20dcPost:f62245ff-a174-4081-b203-863414434cf2">Re: I have a question about FMIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]None of these's can justify..lol. My FMIL has no interest about the wedding at all. If I don't say anything about its like outta sight outta mind. Just the other day I tried to ask her has she started looking for MOG dresses..she was like um..No..Ill get there, there's time and then moved on to something else. That told me she has no interest. So I decided from that moment on I will no longer discuss or ask with her.
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

<div>This I couldn't have said it better</div>
  • Options
    I LOVE my FMIL.! She is so into the wedding. I can call her about anything and she's right there. My mom couldn't care less about the details of the wedding, so FMIL really stepped up. She's helping with payments, she bought my dress and veil, I absolutely adore her. She treats me like I am her child and is always here for me and FI. I mean this woman has 12 kids, FI is the baby and she said you marrying my baby I gotta take care of yall. Lol. She is so strong. I love her. Defienitely blessed to have her.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards