African American Weddings
Options

What do you do with the flowers

Ladies, we will probably all have lots of flowers at our wedding? but what do yu do with all the floral centerpiece once the wedding is over?
A friend of a friend of my cousin went to a wedding where they have lotery tikcets and a person at each table winner got to go home with the floral centerpiece. What do you think of that ideas? Is it tacky?

Re: What do you do with the flowers

• Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to have the DJ make an announcement that anybody who wanted a centerpiece could have one.  Or I was going to personally offer it to the person at the table I thought would most appreciate it.
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could donate it to an elderly/retirement community, local shelters, hospital, or yah, just give them away. Your dj should have some suggestions about this.
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dj does a centerpeice game. But I think that Im doing something other than flowers, maybe like feathers or something, so I will be renting my centerpeices.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our local guest will all take home centerpieces(only 4 couples are local everyone else is from oot) whats left over I will just keep around the house since I love having fresh flowers around. I'm sure my oot guest will not be allowed on the planes with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure yet. But every wedding I went to just made an announcement and whoever wanted them took them. Hell I've been to weddings where there was no tickets, announcements or games and people still took the center pieces.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on giving them to my grandmother, and our aunts who come to the wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to have an activity where the eldest person at each table receives the centerpiece.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DOC is going to donate them to a retirement home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b35c5e18-09a7-4863-9aae-db6ba60fd398Post:4d582107-9c7b-41df-82c3-a5f6fd33f4b9">Re: What do you do with the flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning to have an activity where the eldest person at each table receives the centerpiece.
    Posted by berrytr[/QUOTE]

I am thinking of doing this also!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad someone asked this question....please tell me why I asked our florist (who is also FI Bestfriend Wife) what do she do with the flowers once everything is over....her response was she take her flower arrangements back with her. WTF??? I thought once you pay for your flowers you keep them...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KooKoo, if you pay for them, you should be able to keep them.  Just my opinion on the matter.  Our centerpieces come with the reception hall, so she will be keeping those.  But then again, we didn't have to pay to use them or anything.

I love the idea of donating the centerpieces to a retirement community or assisted living facility.  For my bouquest, I would like to do something like this:  http://www.flowersintopaintings.com/aboutus.html
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards