African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Recap (a little long)

So yea! It's been 11 days since we got married! I am truly enjoying my husband. I have fallen in love with him all over again. The wedding was beautiful, when I see people in the store they stop to me how my wedding was like none other they've seen in this area. I just chuckle, smile and say Thank You.

I thought I was going to lose it the night of the rehearsal. Everyone came strolling in late, one GM did not show up and to put the icing on the cake my coordinator(Soror) did not show. So i'm about to bust in tears but some how I pulled it together, because I had done and spent too much, I was not going to let inconsiderate people stop the show or ruin my day. I couldn't sleep like I wanted too because my little boy had a rough night on top of just trying to cool down from the rest of events that had happened. So the next day I was a little exhausted.

It rained the entire week, but on Sat. the sun was out The weather was just right. I really felt that God had smiled on me and it was like an assurance that things were going to work out. It was truely a perfect day for a wedding.This day was off to a better start.  Everything was well until the so called coordinator showed up and totally tried to take charge, she had no idea what to do and was just confussing everyone. I guess she missed the memo that I had replaced her with the church coordinator who was there and knew how we planned to do things. The funny thing about it was that at the reception she called herself leaving because she was mad at me. She was trying to tell me how and when do to so stuff at the reception and I just nicely put her in her place. LOL!

I cried like a baby during the ceremony. My husband started to tear up so that triggered me. But then my cousins sang the Prayer of Jabez during the lighting of the unity candle, that just put me in pieces. I think everyone in the church cried when my hubby pulled out tissue and wiped my tears and kissed my forehead! Awww! I(I'm about to get emotional again.)

To make a long story short it was a wonderful wedding. Behind the sence things were a little hetic, I guess that's to be expected a little bit. I was glad to see all my plans come together. My advice from this experience is get rest and really evaulate who you have in your wedding and who you let *help* you with your planning. If everyone isn't in your wedding to help carry out your wishes or support you, then get rid of them. It just carrys out a spirit that feels like a dark cloud over your head (If you know what I mean). Don't forget to have fun! Once I remembered to do that I forgot about everything else!Laughing

Non pro  pictures: Go to facebook
Jami Crook-Martin - Wedding Photos
Pregnancy Ticker Married: December 19, 2009

Re: Wedding Recap (a little long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards