African American Weddings
Options

ceremony and reception at same venue. what to do

ok so my ceremony and reception is at the same venue and i am having a problem with trying to figure out how to set up venue without having to do so rearanging once cereomony is over. any ideas?

Re: ceremony and reception at same venue. what to do

• Options
    chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony and reception at the same venue in the same room. Are you having a cocktail hour? The room will be flipped during the cocktail hour while the guests are on the patio. 

If you're not having a cocktail hour (outside etc) then you can set up the tables so that you still have your center aisle and just have guests seated at the tables. This way you don't have to change anything after the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok i was thinking that but i didnt know if that would look bad with the table and the guest sitting at them during ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is exactly what I am doing for mine and I think it will work out just fine
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is all in one place but I think (I am a DW Bride) that the ceremony is somewhere else n reception is somewhere else in the BLDG its at the 4 season hote in KGN Jamaica never been and will be seeing everything the day before the wedding at the rehearsal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding and reception will also be in the same place.. After the wedding , we are moving everyone upstairs for the cocktail hour so that the downstairs can be arranged for the reception. Then we will move everyone back downstairs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception are at the same venue.  Ceremony will be outside on the lawn, cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception indoors at the clubhouse. The chairs for the ceremony will be moved inside for dinner so that I don't have to pay for 2 sets of chairs.  The chair move will happen during the cocktail hour.  

We plan to do first look pics, so we will have a short photo session after the ceremony. That will allow us to be able to enjoy the cocktail hour with our guests. Since we will be with the guests for most of the cocktail hour, the flip should be fairly smooth. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing ours like chescam, a flipped room that will occur during cocktail hour. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mines will be at the same place as well. Once the ceremony is over the guests will come into the huge foryer like area and tha patio and have cocktails while we finis up pictures and the room is finished being changed for the reception. My tables will already decorated for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HMMMMM... I suspect the wedding and reception are not only in the same place but the same room. So I wonder can you set up a small section for the wedding and then have the rest of the room set up for the reception. Then in between the wedding and reception they only have to rearrange a small section.

I don't know if that is an option but just trying to help
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ksk2012 raises a good question and suggestion. If you venue has the ability to accommodate this option, this is a great way to have your ceremony and reception in the same room.  Had I gone with my original venue, we would have set up the ceremony on one side near the fireplace that was the focal point of the room and then moved the chairs to the tables for the reception.  

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ceremony-reception-same-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b9882f07-486a-4007-8607-2727d15db12fPost:ce9a9634-d87b-4075-a8c0-35d0f7310bf3">Re: ceremony and reception at same venue. what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my ceremony and reception at the same venue in the same room. Are you having a cocktail hour? The room will be flipped during the cocktail hour while the guests are on the patio.  If you're not having a cocktail hour (outside etc) then you can <strong>set up the tables so that you still have your center aisle and just have guests seated at the tables. This way you don't have to change anything after the ceremony.</strong>
    Posted by chescam[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm doing this.  We are doing a cocktail hour, but I didn't want the hassle of moving things around.  Guests will be seated at their table during the ceremony.  The room will be set up with a center aisle.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony and reception is also in the same room at the venue which can only hold one wedding a day. Any who, my chairs will be set up down by the dance floor for the ceremony part and once that's over. All the guests will be moved into the other side of the venue for the cocktail hr(pre-reception). While my wedding party and I will be taking the rest of our pictures. The chairs will be placed back at the tables. Then our guests will be allowed to move back into the reception area for dinner/dancing. I have a coordinator and she works closely with the other coordinators at my venue so they will be handling all of this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is at the same place, in the same room. The dance floor will ultimately be my aisle because there is a huge, gorgeous tree there and it goes great for our "Fall In Love" wedding theme.. so it works out!! The venue will set up gorgeous chairs (as to make an aisle) on the dance floor facing the tree
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards