African American Weddings

Monogrammed Cake Topper

Im about to start woring on my cake topper. Can I use metallic spray paint as the base? Just wanted to make sure that it won't mess up the crystals trying to stay on.
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: Monogrammed Cake Topper

• Hubby did our cake topper and you used metallic spray paint and that E whatever glue from Michael's 
    Anniversary
  • DO I have to get the glue if I have hot fix stones? I thought the hot fix stones have glue backing on them already?
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monogrammed-cake-topper?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b9a08fca-d993-46e9-9d27-977ad0f76f03Post:0cba6c7e-267e-488a-a84d-dd2c07f73535">Re: Monogrammed Cake Topper</a>:
    [QUOTE]DO I have to get the glue if I have hot fix stones? I thought the hot fix stones have glue backing on them already?
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>I remember buying the hot fix stones but we still got the glue...girl this was his area I told him I wasn't DIY'in anything so...hopefully one of the other ladies could be better help. </div>
    Anniversary
  • I also got the glue as well... I figured when I put the crystals on my shoes... it would be twice as sturdy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didnt get the hot fix stones, I just got the regular stones but I heard that even with hot fix, you might want to glue them on as well just so they for sure stay on.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards