African American Weddings

NWR Poll: Do you like your job?

Well, as you ladies know, I have been dealing with some BS at work.

How do you ladies feel about your job?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: NWR Poll: Do you like your job?

• edited December 2011
    I love my job, however I took on a new position last March and the old program manager was a piss poor, so they move him out the position.  However, he got a promotion......you know the old saying you F-up you move up.  Hey thanks for reminding me I get a step increase next pay period. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get a headache every Sunday night.  My mom and I were just talking about this.  She goes, do you think you're stressed out at work, and I'm like....you think?!
  • edited December 2011
    Ummmm... I am a Doctoral student, does that count? For the most part, I like it now. But it is getting to the point where I am about to start my research!Cry Dreading it!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted "a job is a job" only b/c I LOVE my job, but I don't necessarily like some of my co-workers or the way the executive team is making decisions...oh well....can't complain b/c I am happy when I'm fully immersed in my work and I have a stable job in today's economy!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I Love my job, just can't stand my boss and half of the people there who think engineers don't need to have social skills.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm working and that's all that counts especially since people are still losing their jobs.
  • edited December 2011
    Work aint nothing but it pays the bills and bring drama with it!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-poll-like-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b9eee274-dd2e-416f-ad4e-15639d3be042Post:38f56ae9-5b85-4625-88b3-79c211d9c4e9">Re: NWR Poll: Do you like your job?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Love my job, just can't stand my boss and half of the people there who think engineers don't need to have social skills.
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

That is true though! LOL!!! I think that most of the male Engineers don't at least!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a case worker in mental health. I truly love to help people and I really love my clients but it is VERY stressful. I feel like I deal with other people's problems at work then I come home and have to deal with my own family issues and my own personal issues. Just issues, issues, issues---that's what sucks.
  • edited December 2011
    Yas, who you telling? Those boys are driving me nuts!
  • edited December 2011
    Me and Aguaviolet are on the same tip a Job is a Job and I still have one since others are losing their jobs. Its not my dream job but its helpful on my path to my dream job!
  • edited December 2011
    Enough i suppose....it did send me to London for 2 yrs, where i did meet DF, so i guess i should love it LOL , but that isnt stopping me from leaving and going to law school soon, so real answer=NO.
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I actually like my job. I love to research, start projects, deal with IT, and make things more efficient. I can do that all within my job. Now if only I did not have to deal with people . . .
  • edited December 2011
    I semi like my job....its a VERY non-traditional pharmacist job, where I do about 50000  things a day for Medicaid. So I get to practice just about everything I've ever learned before now, plus more, and I have an office, and a phone, and a computer- things most pharmacists dont get so I think I'm going to stay put for the time being! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards