Washington-Seattle
Options

RD Venue help

So FI & I really need to get on it for planning the RD.  FILs are paying for it, but unless I want to have it at the Elks Lodge, we need to do the rest of the planning (lol).  It would be the most convenient to have it somewhere in the area of/between Bellevue & Covington.
Can you all suggest some locations for a fun, casual, not bank-breaking RD?  We're having Italian food for the wedding, so we'd like to try to stay away from that.
TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RD Venue help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So FI & I really need to get on it for planning the RD.  FILs are paying for it, but unless I want to have it at the Elks Lodge, we need to do the rest of the planning (lol).  It would be the most convenient to have it somewhere in the area of/between Bellevue & Covington.
    Can you all suggest some locations for a fun, casual, not bank-breaking RD?  We're having Italian food for the wedding, so we'd like to try to stay away from that.
    TIA!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didn't plan my RD till bout 3 days before the wedding...oops! we did melting pot..which was SOOOO much fun. we got to have a little bit of every flavor since we had about 22 people..we had i think about 7 burners going. all together, the total was like 1200 or 1600.....something like that...so not uber expensive, but not cheap. i think the cost/fun ratio was awesome.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennyann- Just curious why aren't you having it up near Tazer? Are you doing a rehearsal run there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trisha- Stanwood is a horrible drive on a weeknight. We are just gonna rehearse in park & then eat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oooh, the first thing pops into my head is Buca Di Beppo, but then I read no italian! So, thinking again... eek! I dunno!

Anniversary
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe have Dixie's cater it? Someone can pick it up and you can eat right after the rehearsal, like a picnic in the park?

http://www.porters-place.com/menus.cfm?Menu=BBQ

imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be fun to eat at the park and hang out if that's what you were looking for. You could get it catered. Sorry I am no help with that area of town!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually was thinking what Trisha recommended.  Maybe book a picnic shelter at Gene Coulon or something and have Renton Tech Catering do the grub?  Or a BBQ joint like Famous Dave's, or a mexican restaurant, or a teriyaki place?  Of course, no alcohol, but that ends up saving $!

Otherwise, if you're looking for a restaurant set-up how about doing it at Tutta Bella in Issaquah?  Traffic to Issaquah isn't too bad - not nearly as bad as trying to go north or south of Bellevue.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to do BBQ from 3 Pigs BBQ in Bellevue. We're doing RD at my mom's house, but you could always do it at their restaurant. Just beware that like many bbq places, it ain't fancy. Food is way better than Dixie's, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions!  We talked about maybe having someone cater, and about possibly having BBQ.  So thanks for all the tips!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crossroads Bar and Grill in Bellevue, or the Rock in Lynnwood.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards