African American Weddings

Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?

Mines was pretty recent. I went to the store to buy some pads. When we got to the checkout line, I let my son (4 yrs.), put all the stuff on the checkout thingy. When he put the pads up there he told the checkout man that "My mommy needs to wear these diapers". *Mortified*

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?

• edited December 2011

That's so bad, Desi! But I'm sorry because Iaughed at first. Kids say the darndest things.

I think my horror story happened like 3 or 4 years ago. I was at an old boyfriend's apartment spending the night, and had no idea my lil monthly friend was coming. He woke me up for some early morning fun, and SURPRISE my friend was there. I was horrified. I've never been that embarrassed in my life.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Desi, your son is hilarious!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    When I was in Jr High my friend popped up on me in the middle of Language Arts class. I didn't know at first until I got up from my seat and I saw some blood on the chair. I didn't want to freak out in front of the quiet class so I wrote the teacher a note and gave it to her. Luckily I was wearing navy blue pants (thank God for dress code). Normally I am the person to have pads on hand, but this time I didn't. I had to go to the office and ask for a pad. Luckily school was ending so I called my mom to pick me up, normally I caught the bus.

I had a very irregular period since I started when I was 12. In Jr High I bleed for 12 days straight and the doctor was worried. I then started to have very heavy periods and it got to the point where my cramps were so bad I couldn't focus in school and at one point they were afraid for me to be alone due to I might lose too much blood. Everytime I was in my period I had to stay at my grandmas house so someone would be around.

Years later I was 16 and on my very first trip to Europe. We were on the plane and I got up to go to the bathroom. I saw that my friend had arrived while I was 30,000 feet in the air over the Atlantic Ocean. Luckily I knew that I had a couple pads in my backpack. I went to my seat went in my backpack and then back to the bathroom. Kind of put a small damper over my first week there.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Keyes, are your periods getting better? (TMI) Lawd, I remember a girl when I was in the 5th grade that had cramps so bad, that she had to be sent home every month. I felt so sorry for her because she would starting crying in class and the boys thought it was funny.

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sharing-caring-whats-worst-time-of-month-horror-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc1da427-7b6e-43e1-b55f-8af95e252f35Post:0e40b3d5-ad1b-4242-aa6a-16568552bf3a">Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Keyes, are your periods getting better? (TMI) Lawd, I remember a girl when I was in the 5th grade that had cramps so bad, that she had to be sent home every month. I felt so sorry for her because she would starting crying in class and the boys thought it was funny.
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

Eventually they got better after they put me on birth control, but when I was 16 i decided I didn't want to take them anymore. I went a whole year without a periiod and it was heaven, but then they started back again normally and sometimes still heavy. Because my FI and I don't want kids for about 3 years I decided to get Mirena, for one I am not able to take the pill due to other medical problems. Mirena has made them very very light and my doctor told me in 6 months they will stop.

Sometimes I have being a woman...lol.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sharing-caring-whats-worst-time-of-month-horror-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc1da427-7b6e-43e1-b55f-8af95e252f35Post:ca61b223-c295-46d4-93b6-688c0a54d121">Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desi, your son is hilarious!
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I hate being a woman too!

Baby Gender Predictor

• KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When my monthly comes, I am more gassy than usual. One time I stayed over FI's apartment before we got engaged. We both knew I had my monthly. I kept passing gas like there was no tomorrow and they were loud. Thank goodness they weren't silent but deadly. It must not have been too bad; he asked me to marry him. lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sharing-caring-whats-worst-time-of-month-horror-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc1da427-7b6e-43e1-b55f-8af95e252f35Post:4d20d033-e72c-4762-8e8c-ae34da3b0a95">Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When my monthly comes, I am more gassy than usual. One time I stayed over FI's apartment before we got engaged. We both knew I had my monthly. I kept passing gas like there was no tomorrow and they were loud. Thank goodness they weren't silent but deadly. It must not have been too bad; he asked me to marry him. lol
    Posted by KMB611[/QUOTE]

If he can make it through the gas, then it was meant to be!

Baby Gender Predictor

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sharing-caring-whats-worst-time-of-month-horror-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc1da427-7b6e-43e1-b55f-8af95e252f35Post:4d20d033-e72c-4762-8e8c-ae34da3b0a95">Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When my monthly comes, I am more gassy than usual. One time I stayed over FI's apartment before we got engaged. We both knew I had my monthly. I kept passing gas like there was no tomorrow and they were loud. Thank goodness they weren't silent but deadly. It must not have been too bad; he asked me to marry him. lol
    Posted by KMB611[/QUOTE]

<div>HAHAHA! Me, too! I thought it was just me!</div><div>
    </div><div>Anywho... my freshman year in college, I spent the night at my {then} boyfriend's house. I was on my cycle, surprisingly cause it goes and comes when it wants to. So, we went to sleep and I had no idea what kinna flow I was gonna have and I didn't have any of those jumbo overnight pads. {lol.} When I woke up the next morning, I'd messed his sheets up sooooooo bad! When he got out the shower, I was sitting on the bed like a lil kid in trouble and I was like, I messed up your sheets, I'm so sorry, I'll buy you some new ones. LOL! Oh well. Damn womanhood!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Desi I am at work crackin up at your son!!  I have a 4 yr old too and she does not have a filter on her mouth so I'm just imagining her doing the same thing!!!  LOL
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Desi-your son is hilarious!!!!

Mine was when I was about 15 years old I had spent the day at my then boyfriend's house with my best friend just hanging out eating, stuff like that. My mom came to pick us up and we sat on the couch. My cycle was on and I had been to the bathroom a couple of times to check and things seemed to be fine. Well my mom was chatting it up with his mom and I had a drink and decided to go put the glass in the kitchen I get up and my friend see something on their leather couch, she rubs her hand acrossed it and when I came to sit down she was like are you on your period? It's blood on the couch. I got all nervous and was about to start crying.

So my friend went and told his mom and they got me a towel to wrap around my waist while they cleaned up the couch. My boyfriend had been outside and was about to come in the living room and his mom  was like um go get the christmas lights out of the garage he was looking at her like what? It's November? But she wanted to keep him outside until we had everything squared away.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sharing-caring-whats-worst-time-of-month-horror-story?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc1da427-7b6e-43e1-b55f-8af95e252f35Post:9f59fe21-c415-4c59-94c1-61e190607eed">Re: Sharing is caring! What's your worst "time of the month" horror story?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desi-your son is hilarious!!!! Mine was when I was about 15 years old I had spent the day at my then boyfriend's house with my best friend just hanging out eating, stuff like that. My mom came to pick us up and we sat on the couch. My cycle was on and I had been to the bathroom a couple of times to check and things seemed to be fine. Well my mom was chatting it up with his mom and I had a drink and decided to go put the glass in the kitchen I get up and my friend see something on their leather couch, she rubs her hand acrossed it and when I came to sit down she was like are you on your period? It's blood on the couch. I got all nervous and was about to start crying. So my friend went and told his mom and they got me a towel to wrap around my waist while they cleaned up the couch. My boyfriend had been outside and was about to come in the living room and his mom  was like um go get the christmas lights out of the garage he was looking at her like what? It's November? But she wanted to keep him outside until we had everything squared away.
    Posted by prncsz[/QUOTE]

That was sweet of her!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Desi- Yeah it was pretty funny now that I look back at it. He kept coming in and was like I don't see them, she said well keep looking they in there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My worst time of the month has been every month this year except for June.  I have been bleeding so heavy that even with the heaviest tampons I have to change them every two hours and I have had to buy pads to wear with them at night.  Its so heavy that when I change my tampon or get up in the morning it pours down my legs onto the floor which is horrible when I'm at work so I make sure I change it in less than 2 hours when its full. June was heavy but no pouring down my legs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards