African American Weddings
Options

Show me your...

Wedding Invitation ladies. I need some inspiration!

TIA!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Show me your...

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are lovely!!! Did you DIY? If not, where did you order from?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just a work-up minus 2 inserts.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow.. these invitations are beautiful!!! Where do you all suggest I start when it comes to looking for my invitations?
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the posts ladies - I feel inspired already Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

LOVELLLYY!!!

Like PP said, where did you ladies get your invites? I had found someone on etsy and i loveddd the sample she sent me, but i thought her quote was wayyy to her.
    For 150 invites (invitation card, direction card, rsvp card with envelope and return address) she wanted $757. Is this reasonable?

Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    quote was way too high*
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I haven't ordered them yet but here is what I'm doing.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_show-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:be5214cf-03eb-4206-abd9-16b1992d4cc3Post:858ef81c-f287-4471-b47e-de29452b6603">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVELLLYY!!! Like PP said, where did you ladies get your invites? I had found someone on etsy and i loveddd the sample she sent me, but i thought her quote was wayyy to her. For 150 invites (invitation card, direction card, rsvp card with envelope and return address) she wanted $757. Is this reasonable?
    Posted by Gift928[/QUOTE]

$5 an invite isn't too bad. I DIY'd my own. It was A LOT of work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm only sending the scroll invitiation, no need for reception cards or RSVP cards. I am directing everyone to our wedding website.

Cost of scroll - $2.50, we are buying 200 so the total including postage will be $650
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_show-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:be5214cf-03eb-4206-abd9-16b1992d4cc3Post:858ef81c-f287-4471-b47e-de29452b6603">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOVELLLYY!!! Like PP said, where did you ladies get your invites? I had found someone on etsy and i loveddd the sample she sent me, but i thought her quote was wayyy to her. For 150 invites (invitation card, direction card, rsvp card with envelope and return address) she wanted $757. Is this reasonable?
    Posted by Gift928[/QUOTE]

<div>That's not too bad, but I think you can find nice invitations for less than $5/invite.  Have you looked at weddingpaperdivas.com?  If you can afford it and it works in your budget then I say go for it, but you have to put into perspective that everyone is just going to throw the invites away and that's $757 down the toilet.  </div><div>I found a design that I loved from minted.com and re-created it exactly like the original in photoshop and uploaded it to Vistaprint.  For 130 invitations, rsvp cards, and information cards it cost $175.  I recently ordered more since my mom added more people and spent an additional $60, but that's nothing compared to the $800 I would've spent on minted.com for the exact same design.</div>
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    edited December 2011
    I ordered 10 invites from Vista Print to just to see if I would like it.  free shipping and 50% off.  I have decided to go with Vista Print.  Good luck with your search.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm late but here are mine.
    I DIY'd them
    Closed pocket

Open Pocket

Caesars Map - VP

RSVP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_show-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:be5214cf-03eb-4206-abd9-16b1992d4cc3Post:9f188990-5bba-4851-897c-babd914db3ba">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are lovely!!! Did you DIY? If not, where did you order from?
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I wish I could take credit but I got them off etsy for a great price from inkedpapers. <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/inkedpapers">http://www.etsy.com/shop/inkedpapers</a>
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i got mine from party city (suprisingly enough they had plenty to order and plenty you could diy) i got the diy kind for 20 bucks and it included 25 invites, 25 response cards and corresponding enevlopes for all....so in all we spent about 60 bucks doing invites along with a lot of time and patience....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards