African American Weddings
Options

To have or not have: Disposable cameras???

Are you all using them on the guest tables? Whats your opinion on them? I know most people have digital cameras now, and i made little cards so they can take home to upload the pics to our site, but what about those without digital cameras? Do you think it's a good idea or do you think it's tacky?

Thanks

Re: To have or not have: Disposable cameras???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a good idea.  You can never have too many pictures right.  Just make sure you have a basket for folks to drop the camera off so they know they are not to take them home.  A friend of mine had them at his wedding and they only got back a few of the cameras. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard they are a waste of money. Drunk people taking pictures of the floor or the same people being photoraphed over and over again. I do plan on having disposable cameras in the kiddie activity bags.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think that they are a waste! But if you really want them, then I say go for it. Shoot, I have cameras that I haven't gotten developed since high school! o_O So I am pretty sure that the wedding ones would just sit there! SMH!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they are a good idea. The pictures never come out great and then there may be too many people competing with your photographer for shots. I think the photosharing idea is much better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am still torn. I would get a disc of the photos that way they can be digital and uploaded onto the system. and me, i always look at the pictures once they are developed and if they aren't good, i have them take them out so i don't have to pay for them. I only have 6 tables so I am thinking of doing it. It's a chance to take. But it's only $20 for all 6 cameras. So in my case it wouldn't be too bad of a waste. and yes i would def find a cute poem to put on the table. I think it depends on the crowd as well. I guess i kind of just answered my own question with you all's help!!!

Thanks ladies, you all are the best :)
  • Options
    chantil_2005chantil_2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A way to get some of the photos u want is to do an I-Spy card with directions on the back; I spy best kiss or private glance or something like that...I'm probably gonna get my oldest son on bc he thinks he's a photographer already - gotta encourage the bug. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they are good idea either.  Either people ignore them or they are drunk and take dumb pictures of their feet or hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards