July 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding dress indifference :( PIP

So I had my second to last fitting on friday.  I had had another fitting on may 16th and I was happy to see it then but this past Friday I was very "eh" about it.

I'm trying to decide if I think it's a boring a$$ dress or if it's classic and elegant.  There's not much I can do about it now.  I pick it up/try it on again on Sat. and I fly home with it on Mon.

The dressmaker is going to raise the pleats a bit more under the bust, make the silhouette a bit more mermaidy, and lengthen it a bit more cause i really don't like that gap that you can see.

I still have no idea what I'm going to wear on my head/in my head.

(and please ignore my face.  I look much better when I give a full teethy smile in pics)

This is what happens (in my case) when you don't have anyone you really love to help you pick a dress.

I guess you can tell me what you think?  I won't feel any worse than I feel now.  God, I just want it to be July 14th already! 
weddingcake-1

Re: Wedding dress indifference :( PIP

• Options
    Aww I really like it! The back is really goregeous, and I agree with your statement that it's "elegant" not "boring". 

Sometimes I have doubts about my dress as well. Mine has a pretty full skirt and sometimes I worry it's too princessy and I should have gone with something more sleek and elegant. But there is a lot about my dress I love. I think we just have to accept that we can only have one wedding dress and love the one we chose for the reasons we chose it.

And I think you do need to see yourself in the dress with your hairpiece, jewelery, shoes, etc. to really picture how it will look on the wedding day. All of that stuff is going to add to the look and you won't feel it's "boring" anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Bmore!  I really like the back, too!  I wish I could walk around backwards all day! 

I'm just at a loss as to how to accessorize it.  FMIL gave me a lovely pearl necklace that she restringed and put a really nice clasp on.  When I'm back in NY, I'm going to look for a pair of earrings and a bracelet.

I have no idea what to wear on my head (I'm not wearing a veil until the sept. religious ceremony).  Fascinator, birdcage, hairclip?
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Nancy I love your dress! Its so elegant. I definitely think once you get all your jewelry and stuff on you wil feel much better about it.  Maybe get a blingy hair piece and you'll feel like you have the bling you are looking for.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's beautiful and looks great on you. I understand your feelings though... I was second guessing myself a little bit at my first fitting, but once I put on my jewelry and veil, I felt better. I think once you are all dolled up with the dress on, it will make a huge difference! As PP said, definitely think about adding some fun accessories to jazz it up! Since you aren't doing a veil, I think a really pretty hair clip or comb would look great!! HTH :) 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I second guessed myself on the second fitting also, I picked up my hair piece at

this <----clicky  website. 
  • Options
    Girl, you crazy.  That dress fits you like a glove and makes you look like a picture-perfect bride.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I had doubts about my dress choice too!  But the last time I put it on, I was like holy crap I am getting married & this is MY dress!!!!  Especially when I put the veil on with it!!!!! GORG!!!

So, I think once you accessorize yourself, I think you'll feel better =)  You chose it for a reason right?? Just like Bmore said =)  I think possibly adding a simple sash? or a really pretty hair piece like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/92201425/rhinestone-bridal-headband-crystal?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=bridal+hair+fascinator&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_ref=auto10&ga_search_type=handmade and not necessarily a headband, but something like that??
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else. Once you have your jewelry, shoes, make-up and hair you will look and feel amazing. If you must add something extra here are some bridal belts / sash with crystals.

http://weddingfactorydirect.com/belts.html
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    honestly....Your dress is stunning, elegant, classy, and makes your figure look amazing. Second thoughts are totally normal, but you have nothing to worry about!!

Like others have said, once you add a little bit of "bling" elsewhere and have your hair fancified, I think you will really see the whole look come together. i think a thin rhinestone belt might look really gorgeous with your dress (but I can't see the details around your waist TOO well so I can't tell for sure). A blingy hairpiece is a must, though!!!
  • Options
    Thank you girls!  Yes, it definitely is missing some "jazzy" touches.  I'm telling you, though, I'm accessory challenged.  I am such a simple person. 

I appreciate the clickies ski2play and LM!  I'll look through them :)  and K888, your comment brought a smile to my face!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-dress-indifference-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:498150be-3570-47b7-956a-4d03fcda7cfdPost:db20c8fb-7b96-408a-887e-6a406b03174f">Re: Wedding dress indifference :( PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with everyone else. Once you have your jewelry, shoes, make-up and hair you will look and feel amazing. If you must add something extra here are some bridal belts / sash with crystals. <a href="http://weddingfactorydirect.com/belts.html" rel="nofollow">http://weddingfactorydirect.com/belts.html</a>
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

<strong>Carla</strong>, do you know if this is a trustworthy site?  They have some amazing sashes!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Love this dress and you look Amazing in it!!  I am with everyone else.. if you find the right extra bling it will really help make the outfit but the dress itself is beautiful!
  • Options
    I ordered my brooches for my wedding cake from them and they turned out great. My only concern would be if you could get it in time. If you order, call customer service and make sure they don't have your sash/belt back ordered.

Best of luck!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    I really like the dress. And I ditto all PPs that say you can dress it up a bit. Maybe add a sparkly sash & head band, or you can add a sparkly pin to one of the sides. There are some options for you to maybe dress it up a bit and hopefully you won't have those 'boring' feelings anymore. 

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Nancy, I really love your dress. I totally understand being underwhelmed though - I had second thoughts on my dress too because mine is kind of funky/non-traditional and I sometimes think I should have gone more classic/elegant. Yours looks gorgeous on you, though. You can never go wrong with classic/elegant!

Just get some fun accessories. Since the dress is not as complicated, I would do a statement necklace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really love your dress! I agree with everyone else and think it's pretty normal to second guess your choice. I know I do it often! But you look gorgeous in it and it's very elegant.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards