African American Weddings

Am I Over-thinking this????

Engagement pics are on December 9th and it seems like my best laid plans are falling through. I haven't been able to loose the amount of weight that I wanted. The dress I planned on wearing doesn't fit. My latest headache has to do with my hair. I have no clue what to do with it. My hair is relaxed and has a nice length, I usually wear it in a wrap, but I was hoping to look a little different. I've looked into a sew-in and after doing the math, it is going to cost me about a good $300 to get that done. With the wedding & Christmas around the corner, I can't rationalize spending that amount of money.

I guess my question is What would you ladies do?? Rock your own or sew in some hair????
The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Am I Over-thinking this????

• I would rock my own hair. I usually wear sew ins or even clip ins but for our engagement pics I decided to wear my own hair. Save that mula hon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would rock my own...you want to look like yourself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote for rock your own hair
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have locs.... so no issue for me... But my vote is ROCK YOU!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rock your hair in a new style
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • would you like curls in your hair? If so try these rollers: Caruso Steam Rollers. I love them like no other and they make some FLY curls!
  • In Response to Re:Am I Overthinking this????:[QUOTE]I have locs.... so no issue for me...

But my vote is ROCK YOU!!!! Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

This
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely rock your own hair and just wear curls. Curls are always pretty!
    Anniversary
  • *in my Mike Epps voice* "Be there...wit yo OWN hair!!" LOL! Y'all know I ain't got good sense....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • How do you envision yourself looking? If you wanna wear a weave but want to save some money try a quick weave with inexpensive hair.
  • PAY cute wig if you don't want to rock your own hair
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Au natural...
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • i say rock your own hair.. What look was you going for with the sew in?? Longer hair? if that's the case add a few pieces with clips or a few tracks.. But save that little money because you will probably want to get a sew in for the wedding day..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Okay ladies, you helped to convince me...I'm going to wear my own. I've been working so hard to grow it out these last few months. Why not wear it?? I want to look like myself in the pictures, just a little "EXTRA"...does that make sense??? lol I'm envisioning something with lots of body, really romantic.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_am-i-over-thinking-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c5ca1633-0d9d-498f-b4a4-f8b612c0ceb7Post:5c387eb8-84ce-43e5-b7a5-6cd504bf3f18">Re: Am I Over-thinking this????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay ladies, you helped to convince me...I'm going to wear my own. I've been working so hard to grow it out these last few months. Why not wear it?? I want to look like myself in the pictures, just a little "EXTRA"...does that make sense??? lol <strong><em>I'm envisioning something with lots of body, really romantic.
    </em></strong>Posted by Dannitra01[/QUOTE]

I think making it curly like Case said... will give you the vision you want.. .play with it and try different things before the date.. you may surprise yourself
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards