African American Weddings

I'm Back as as MRS!!!!!!! (Sorry, kind of long)

Well Ladies, I am finally back to post my recap of my wedding. It was over a week and a half ago that I became Mrs. Johnson. July 17th was one of the most breathtaking days of my life. Well let's back up. About a week and a half before my wedding, my FMIL had to be taken to the emergency room because of her heart. She has had heart problems in the past and it was coming back. We prayed that she would still be able to make the wedding seeing as my DH is her only child. But because her heart was really weak she was unable to make it. She ended up having to have open heart surgery yesterday. And thank god that she is recovering and the surgery went well. So even though she wasn't able to attend, our videographer made a lilttle quick DVD with our wedding ceremony on it and she was able to watch it in her hospital room.

Because of my FMIL being in the hospital and we didn't know what was going on with her, we were completly thrown off the week of our wedding. Because our wedding was being held in my hometown, my daughter and I flew up and my DH drove the thursday before the wedding. When I got in town I felt like I had a thousand things still left to do that I was supposed to take care of the week before. Needless to say I had 2 awesome MOH's who stayed up with me finishing all my projects. Rehearsal went great, our wedding took place in Columbus, OH on the rooftop pool deck at the Renaissance Hotel (if anyone in Columbus is looking for a hotel to use downtown I highly reccomend them). We had our rehearsal dinner at Eddie George Grill....another great choice. After dinner, DH and I said goodbye to each other. So that night, I guess I had one to many cocktails because I couldn't remember anything from the night before...lol.

Wedding Day

Woke up and got my hair done early with my mother and daughter, this was really nice to relax and talk with my mother alone before walking down the aisle. Haha, I was still running around jus a little the morning of my wedding. First was because my bracelet that I ordered still hadn't come in the mail and I ordered it a month before. The people were supposed to be overnighting me a replacement (which never came). When we get back to the hotel everything went well I got to relax and laugh and enjoy my bridesmaids. A few things went wrong, I coudn't find my earrings or my aisle runner (my aisle runner showed up the next day, still can't find my earrings). When it came time to put my dress on, for some reason I got really nervous I started to get hot and had to get a fan. LOL, I don't know why but all these emotions were coming over me. Finally it was showtime. It was a very warm day to have an outside wedding, everything went perfect. After the ceremony we were supposed to take a limo to go take pictures and the freakin limo breaks down. WTF, luckily we were minutes from the Statehouse and we were able to take beautiful pictures there.

Reception
Our reception was sooooooooo much fun. We partied all night and the decor and flowers were breathtaking, I can't wait for all my pictures. All my guest kept coming up to me telling me how everything was beautiful and it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. Sorry for the long recap, but this was truly one of the best days of my life. Here are some of my sneak peeks from my photographer (hope you like)

http://gibsonphotographics.typepad.com/blog/

Re: I'm Back as as MRS!!!!!!! (Sorry, kind of long)

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on become Mrs. Johnson!!!  Your pictures are gorgeous and your daughter is so precious!!!  I like how you incorporated her look into your wedding.  Very cute.  I'm sorry to hear about your DH mother, but thank god she is doing well and recovering. 

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the rest!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations....I loved your pictures! Glad your mil was able to see the video and I will keep your mil in my prayers.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    Welcome Back!! Congrats on becoming a MRS. Im so glad your MIL is doing well and that your day went great(minus the few hiccups! LOL)
  • edited December 2011
    Your pics are beautiful :-) I wish your mil a speedy recovery.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

love your picture, you were a beauitiful Bride , hope everything work out with your Mil.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congratulations. Your pictures are beautiful.

Hope things continue to improve for your MIL.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!The pics are beautiful. Prayers for MIL full recovery.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back Mrs.

I am so sorry to hear about your FMIL but pray that she is recovering well and steadfast.

You made a beautiful bride and i love love love the rooftop vibe

Awesome can't wait to see more

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats MRS!! Your pictures are lovely and I hope your MIL continues to grow stronger and healthier.
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on becoming a Mrs!! Beautiful pics cant wait to see more, glad your MIL is doing much better (speedy recovery) :)
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs. Johnson!  Your pictures were great, your shoes were HOT!  Praying for your MIL - so happy that she got to see the video while in the hospital.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    LOVES IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You were sooooo pretty; loved your wedding day look and your decor was well executed (BTW - your jewelry & shoes were on FIYRE!).  O.MG. those flower girls were adorable and might I add your DH had his swagger ON POINT!  Congratulations to you on becoming a new Mrs!!
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations! You looked amazing and your pictures are beautiful! I love the dancing shots especially...you and your DH and also the one of the young man getting to it! :) My prayers go out to your mother-in-law. I am so emotional lately...not even knowing you at all...that choked me up that although she wasn't able to make it, she is recovering well from such a major surgery. God is still in charge. Gotta love that. Best wishes for a happy future!

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS!!  You looked stunning and your pictures are beautiful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about your MIL but the pics are beautiful.  I love the one with everyone jumping up.  Glad you enjoyed.
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!!! You looked so beautiful!!!! I so love all of the pictures and your veil is awesome!!!! So sorry that MIL could not make it but I am glad that you all had a great time!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! Love the pics, you looked beautiful!  The flower girls were too cute!

I hope that your MIL continues to get better.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

Congrats on becoming a "MRS"-- and Fantastic photos!!!! 

I dont have a date picked out yet,  (thinking late winter spring 2012) we will chose a date later this year, but i am already nervous and dont know where to begin!!! it looks like your wedding was both fun for all and Special for you and your husband, and that is what i want!!

My soul mate....I've definitely met mine. We are exactly alike, and yet the exact opposites. We are perfectly in sync, and yet always make up for what the other lacks. We are in each others' dreams, and thoughts. Grand's Woman
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I pray your MIL heals quickly and strongly.
  • ntvensonntvenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish your MIL  a speedy recovery!!!

You looked fab!!!! Everything was chic and well executed!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! Your pics are beautiful, looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards