African American Weddings
Options

Song during Lighting of Unity Candle & Communion

Is it NECESSARY to have The Lord's Prayer?

I LOVE the song Make me Whole by Amel Larrieux and wanted to walk down the aisle to it, but I changed my mind. Can I have that sung while we light the unity candle?
image180 Made the cut!
image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
image 7 Found something else to do
image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image

Re: Song during Lighting of Unity Candle & Communion

• Options
    I would think that you could use anything that you want as long as it's appropriate. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am using the lords prayer during the unity candle and vows to children . So I use it there and the song you want for your entrance.
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    Personally......my cousin who is singing it sings For The Good Of Them so awesome......and I think thats appropriate too for a wedding ceremony, because a lot of people start marriage off all happy and crumble when tribulation hits. BUT that song needs a choir....and i'm not trying to take people to church. LOL!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I think make me whole would be nice. As long as no one gets up to sing Naughty Girl by Beyonce you'll be good
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_song-during-lighting-of-unity-candle-communion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c8020d5d-554d-4652-9e5e-6b5076e61f2aPost:f2a1eb09-3068-4148-88fe-d3ca97dc5c7e">Re: Song during Lighting of Unity Candle & Communion</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think make me whole would be nice. As long as no one gets up to sing Naughty Girl by Beyonce you'll be good
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

I'm not fixing to play with you at all!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    Nope on the Lord's prayer. Make me whole is such a great song...use it. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Song during Lighting of Unity Candle :[QUOTE]Is it NECESSARY to have The Lord's Prayer?I LOVE the song Make me Whole by Amel Larrieux and wanted to walk down the aisle to it, but I changed my mind. Can I have that sung while we light the unity candle? Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

I love love that song by Amel Larrieux. I was debating between that and The One he kept for me by Mauretta Brown Clark. I decided on The One He kept for me is the one I will walk down the aisle too. I still wante Make me whole some where and I didn't think about using it for the sand ceremony until now.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    Wow You Make Me Whole is my favorite...it's the song on our website and the song we'll be exiting too as well!!  I say go for that song, can't get anybetter.

I'm still working on my song for the unity sand, i'm not getting married in the church but I thought about the lord's prayer but this is a 2nd marriage for us both so we want to do something a little different this time!
    Theresa Wedding Date:November 24, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards