Washington-Seattle

Wedding Cakes -Woodinville/Redmond

I live in VA and I'm getting married in the Woodinville/Redmond area. I'm looking for some recommendations for bakeries for our wedding cake. Anyone have some suggestions??

Re: Wedding Cakes -Woodinville/Redmond

• edited December 2011
    Kelli has been a favorite on this board for a while.  I believe woodinville/redmond would be within her delivery radius.  Her website is http://kelliscakecreations.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, pretty much everyone will tell you to go with Kelli.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Ditto PP :o)

Anniversary
  • Sweet_AdelineSweet_Adeline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to give you another option...

We are going with Mike's Amazing Cakes, they're in Redmond, so would definitely deliver to the redmond/woodinville area.  Their cake is delicious!

http://www.mikesamazingcakes.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I know they arent in Woodinville/Redmond, but it may be worth your time to check out The Confectional, at Pike Place Market, if you're looking for something new or unique. I didnt want a traditional cake, and there, they make mini-cheesecakes that are out-of-this-world good.  But a little more relevant to your post, Hillcrest Bakery is in Bothell (only 5 min from Woodinville) and they have amazing cakes and a friendly staff. I live near Bothell and this is where I would go (although I've never tried Kelli's).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I've tried to call and email Kelli, but I get no response. Hillcrest Bakery is on my list. I'm in town for 5 days before Christmas and meeting with potential DJs, caterers, bakeries, and we are getting our engagement pictures taken. I can already tell this board is going to be so helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    I had emailed Kelli and got no response and then like a month later I checked my spam folder and there was her response it was sent like two hours after my initial email. So....check your spam. It might be there! :) Oh and tell her you were referred from the Knot girls. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Starry Nights Catering.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • edited December 2011

I tried several times to connect with Kelli and it just didn't happen so that left a bad taste in my mouth.  We ended up using Decedance Custom Cakes, which is based in Seattle.  They were absolutely phenomenol!!!  I can not say enough good things about them.  The cake tasted and looked amazing and I'm totally blown away by the decorator - Toby - she does unbelievable things with sugar and frosting.  Our sugar flowers look like actual gerbera daisies. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 65 asked to watch us make it happen
    image 51 helping us party
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been on the board that much, so this thank you is long overdue.
    My FI and I met with Kelli, and LOVED her!! She's doing three cakes for us :) Thanks so much for the suggestions.
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kelli!!!
    she made my wedding cake, and a few birthday cakes that i've had/been to. she's the absolute best, sweetest person. i love kelli so much. she is so amazing. for those that had a bad experience, there must've been something majorly-wrong there. because she cherishes all herwould-be clients. give her another try if you can. she had made the most amazing cakes for me.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards