African American Weddings
Options

What do you think?

Ok, ladies, can you give me some decor ideas for the ceremony site...... My wedding will be in June 2012.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The background is beautiful. I say go simple...maybe a arch and a few chair bows..What ideas do you have?
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that like a trellis of some sort?  If it is, I would decorate that with tons of flowers.  You already have your aisle.  I would line it with rose petals also.
  • Options
    empeguesempegues member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe an aisle runner.. ditto the rose petals and arch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with decorating the exsiting structure.  You can use flowers, sheer fabric to make curtains that tie back (it will soften the hard lines of the structure), use sheep hooks to hang smaller clusters of flowers down your aisle. If you don't want to add height to the aisle, you can do a row of low flowers that cluster weill like hydrangeas that create a strong pop of color and help to further define your aisle.  The combination of flowers and decor will frame the area well and pop in your pictures. That is going to be lovely.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @fabbiegirl:  hey, to be honest I didn't know what a trellis was, until i looked it up just now.  But I don't think it is...idk..lol

@mikimoto:  I like the sheer fabric idea, to make tie-back curtains!

I know I definitely want an aisle runner with beautiful rose petals.  Also, I'm thinking about having floral pomanders on shepherd hooks along the aisle.  Perhaps I can decorate the arch with some type of floral arrangement.  Hmmmmm, I don't want to "overdo" it though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards