African American Weddings
Options

MY DIY Shoes

so the first thing I did before caring about a dress I was all about my shoes...so I saw on four weddings this girl bedazzle her own shoes in it was love at first site for me and I knew I wanted that...so I did was find a pair of shoes so I could do my own shoes...  I am completey finished and now I am on my other current DIY kick...which happens to be my own veil.  I did my own STD's I am planning on doing my own Invitations and bouquets....is anybody else a DIY crazy bride...sometime I feel like I am going overboard, like friends and family ask me if they can help with anything and I turn them down...even for little things like making calls in doing research, I just sometimes I feel it is easier to do things myself than give other people task.

Re: MY DIY Shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011

Uhh....that would be me!  It's about two weeks before the wedding and I'm still trying to add more DIY projects - and of course I don't have the time to do them all!  But DIY can become addictive!

I'm loving those shoes!  I'm thinking about blinging out my shoes!  So, how long did it take you again??????? (stop! you don't have time for that!) ** my sensible side trying to speak to me**

Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE them!!! I saw that episode of Four Weddings but I just don't have the patience to do something like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gurrlll sttooppppp!!!!!! I LOVE EM!!! I want to "bling" out mine in PURPLE...howd you do it? hot glue? or like nail glue? Im totally cluelss...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Banks69..U live in Houston like me, I have a friend that bling out anything. He can have them ready for your wedding day.  He's doing my shoes & my cake topper as we speak. Here are some pics of his work. PM me if you want his info..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww man....just when I thought I was on point with my choice for shoes....lol. I'm a DIY bride, but those shoes are just beyond my creativity. The shoes are off the chain...just gorgeous! Great job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Missheaven1999...I LOVE HELLO KITTY...them shoes are kewt lol...Im gona PM you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those shoes are FIRE!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow- that's a great talent you have there.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @missheaven- child, your boy got madd talent ma. those shoes are too fierce

@jloveb- girl, you went hard on those shoes, they are too fierce. great job. I'm a DIY bride and I can't wait to actually get into the actual DO, of the DIY. I have multiple rough draft designs but today will be the first time I'll actually get to put my ideas into action. I plan on hitting up Hobbly Lobby, Hancock Fabrics and MAYBE walmart. Today I'm getting started on my dress, bangle and headband and I think I MIGHT get started on my jumping broom, not too sure yet but I have to do SOMETHING. If nothing else, seeing what you did with those shoes gave me motivation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @missheaven:  It's very tempting....lovin' those shoes!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok....I think Ima have to steal your idea...those are hooootttt!!!!.....what kind of glue did you use? what kind of rhinestones?,. I’m totally clueless.....come on please spill the beans....LOL....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    absolutely LOve em............WOW
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I love those. I have DIY ideas but I know I don't have DIY skills I suck I can barely cut a straight line. He needs to work on OOT orders so once I find some shoes I can ship them to him and he can rock mine out too!
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them! I thought about DIYing my shoes but my cake topper is already driving me crazy!

I wore those shoes in my E-Pics, in black though
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:cc4538a6-79c8-4745-bcb2-4dbf40320c01Post:45708241-a925-46fb-ac65-7809081974e2">Re: MY DIY Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Banks69..U live in Houston like me, I have a friend that bling out anything. He can have them ready for your wedding day.  He's doing my shoes & my cake topper as we speak. Here are some pics of his work. PM me if you want his info..
    Posted by missheaven1999[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE the shoes with Hello Kitty on the sole! TOOO CUTE!!!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JloveB can you do my shoes? lol those are super cute!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wow all those shoes are the bizness! I'm not really a DIY bride, but i wanna be. My Big sis and mom are very much that type and will be helping me a WHOLE LOT!

" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those shoes are hot!!!  You did an awesome job! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cc4538a6-79c8-4745-bcb2-4dbf40320c01Post:45708241-a925-46fb-ac65-7809081974e2">Re: MY DIY Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Banks69..U live in Houston like me, I have a friend that bling out anything. He can have them ready for your wedding day.  He's doing my shoes & my cake topper as we speak. Here are some pics of his work. PM me if you want his info..
    Posted by missheaven1999[/QUOTE]

I want to marry those shoes...I love those...

it took me like a month but I would stop every now and then in between days and weeks...like when we had our engagement party.

I use peel and stick rhinestones...whenever I was watching t.v. I was doing my shoes.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    7venAfricano  - I never thought about doing my own broom...but now that you mention it...

I acutally found the rhinestones at big lots... shoes my FI brought for me
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually did these to my shoes too! Here's a pic:

I'm too lazy to repost how I did everything, but I did post it here and you can check it out if you like.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-strass-shoes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_diy-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cc4538a6-79c8-4745-bcb2-4dbf40320c01Post:07347ebe-4d35-4237-b5cb-296caaa7c9e6">Re: MY DIY Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually did these to my shoes too! Here's a pic: I'm too lazy to repost how I did everything, but I did post it here and you can check it out if you like. <a href="http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-strass-shoes" rel='nofollow'>http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/diy-strass-shoes</a>
    Posted by KnaijaQueen[/QUOTE]

I like them...really nice, I love the color.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hott shoes!
    October AAW Signature Challenge: Where FI and I Met (Jukehouse KCMO) Photobucket Visit Purple.weddings.com http://duaneandlaquita2011.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards