African American Weddings

EXCITED

OK...I know I freaked out on you all a couple of weeks ago when I stated that I had to stop planning my wedding because of the situation with FI's house. Welllllll he meets with them tomorrow to actually get prepared to get his butt out of his house so they can begin construction on July 2!! So of course he called me today to tell me that we would be in the house officially in October of this year! I am uber excited!! He must have talked to my mom because she called BEFORE he did and was like NOW...when are we going shopping for bridesmaids dresses and your dress? I was like huh...she said oh shoot you haven't talked to Bae yet (I call him bae so much everyone else does even my 4 yr old lol). I told her no and she literally HUNG up in my face. Then he called me...he told me that his goal is for us to only to have to push the wedding back to Labor Day of 2013...so now it looks like I am going to be a September 2013 bride instead of a July 2013 Bride...

I have also changed my entire color scheme too...My bridesmaids are going to be in IVORY with Leopard print shoes!! Bae changed his tux to be in all ivory and the groomsmen are going to wear the ivory dinner jackets with black pants and ivory ties and vests. I am going to post my inspiration board in a few once I get all the pics compiled....

Now my only thing to do is wait until Bae officially moves out of his house and they bust walls out before I get super excited with all this planning...but for my mom to be excited tho...lol

Re: EXCITED

• Ahhhh!!! Congrat's!!! and a September wedding will be gorgeous! (and hopefully cooler!). So happy for you two!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i'm EXCITED for you!!!!! Congrats Casey!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Oh Case, that's such good news!!  Congratulations at everything moving forward. 

leopard? girl GIT EM!  lol.
  • good luck with construction 
    dont freak out if it is not ready in oct.... just an fyi as a construction professional :) 
    congrats 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!  I'm super excited for you! 

And that new color scheme is HOT!  Next time I have an event to go to, I'm going to break that ivory dress and leopard print shoes combo out on 'em.....lol 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Elizabeth80 September will be nowhere cooler than July in New Orleans..lol we have had Christmases where we've had on shorts lol...but thanks I hope that it will be pretty!

@footballwife77 Thanks! I am trying to maintain my excitement to a certain degree...FI feels like I will personally drive to Florida and blow up Knauff offices if they move his construction date back again

@sultryzuku Thanks sooo much! Yes Ma'am leopard print shoes!! I am such a girl that is against the grain and nothing pertaining to my wedding will be of the norm...NOTHING!!

@thedivav Thanks!! Well with the lawsuit they have 90 days EXACTLY to complete construction...they are guttiing the house and basically starting over because of the drywall. If they aren't done within the 90 days they have to come off MORE money that goes into FI's lump sum account! But out of the 17 (yes 17) people that we know with these house issues they have had them out and back in within those 90 days....but thanks I will remain prayerful!
  • Thanks so much Soror!!

I am super excited about the color scheme! Yes bust it on them!! I am always finding the weirdest (well that's what Bae calls them) shoes to go with things!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:8b5c6bd1-98ed-42b7-b4a1-1c364265b6af">Re: EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  I'm super excited for you!  And that new color scheme is HOT!  Next time I have an event to go to, I'm going to break that ivory dress and leopard print shoes combo out on 'em.....lol 
    Posted by pearls687[/QUOTE]
  • Lol ooh ok you should be good but if you have construction questions feel free to ask me I used to beat up contractors for a living :)
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks sooo much I surely will! I know as picky as we are both of us will be going over there to see how progress is going...His house was meant for tall people...I asked the contractors if they could bring the cabinets in the kitchen down a notch (currently I damn near climb on top of the counter to get stuff) and the closet...uh yeah I have a step ladder in there just to hang my clothes on the top rung...NO LIE! I hope they move it down
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:ebd69b15-5b28-43f8-8bae-2e4175a2740e">Re: EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol ooh ok you should be good but if you have construction questions feel free to ask me I used to beat up contractors for a living :)
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]
  • This is awesome news girl!!!! I will keep you guys in prayer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Thanks hun!! I appreciate the prayers!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:91a79411-b7e7-4c4d-9440-784f6258ef5f">Re: EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is awesome news girl!!!! I will keep you guys in prayer!
    Posted by MissusD1116[/QUOTE]
  • Doing my praise dance...yayyyyy ! I'm so happy for you even tho we won't be color twins anymore : lol I love the new colors...get it girl !!!!
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Thanks!1 I will still be your color twin though! My oldest two daughters are mad as hell because they want the peacock in there somewhere....That is all that they asked for at the wedding....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:75334e1e-25b6-4562-b787-8dbb6d5f1d4a">Re:EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doing my praise dance...yayyyyy ! I'm so happy for you even tho we won't be color twins anymore : lol I love the new colors...get it girl !!!!
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]
  • Tell your daughters I'm on their side ! Peacock will be pretty in september ! Lol me and your girls are gonna pickette for the peacock !!! Lol
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Congrats Soror.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:bbb9c393-56ad-4c90-a8c3-3c5ec1fbe4bf">Re:EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell your daughters I'm on their side ! Peacock will be pretty in september ! Lol me and your girls are gonna pickette for the peacock !!! Lol
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

UM where is it going to go? Ivory dress leopard print shoes....peacock what?? Lol I am really trying to please them..they want their dresses to be peacock
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_excited-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:cf402c34-8091-40c1-ba06-86db70e41086Post:ca0c0d71-6ece-4c9e-bcbb-0897b47c6575">Re: EXCITED</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats Soror.
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Thanks Soror!
  • Great news Casey! I'm so glad you guys didn't over extend yourselves with wedding planning and house preparations. I'm so happy for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards