African American Weddings
Options

Date change

Thinking about changing the date and I just want to get some input

The original date is march 22,2014 but thinking about moving it to November 2, 2013

What do you ladies think

Daisypath - (PNE7)

Re: Date change

• Options
    Is there a reason you want to move it up? Btw...March 22, 2014 is our date!! We could possibly be wedding date twins :-) Original was June 29, 2013. Our reason was numerous illnesses/hospitalizations therefore finances were unavailable for what we want to do.
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
  • Options
    There is not a real reason I am just excited and want to marry FI. At first i thought about a November date but was kind of concerned because of hurricane season in Florida by that date it will have ended the day before and then his grandma brought up that she is elderly and might not make it she not sick just mature lol and then after we booked a venue for that date he was like why the wait.. I know that it could be paid for by then I just feel kind of silly for flip flopping the date that's why I haven't really told people what the date was... Also being that nov is a few months away will I still have time to order a dress and stuff and have international family able to fly in and have to get super expensive airline tickets

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    I think if you changed the date you should be able to get whatever you want and do whatever it is that you want to do...you still have some time but you could always do something small like a courthouse wedding just to have the grandparents there and still plan for the big event in March and pray God lets them live to see that day as well...HTH 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Agree with misstira. Believe me! We are both anxious...ESP now since shortly after the new year is when we decided to push it out. We could have been having our wedding this June :-( We agonized about changing it, but, it would be less stress...and be able to organize more finances by pushing it. We tossed around the idea of getting married anyway this March because we really don't want to wait (same date, so we could keep same anniversary) and having the big ceremony/reception next March as planned. However, FI lives in FL. I live in Boston. Wedding is held is Boston. Our pastor will not perform our ceremony if we are married and did not complete Pre-Marital Counseling....it's a requirement if I want THEM specifically to do it...and I do. Since FI in FL, it's difficult to try to complete the counseling in less than a month time at this point. Soooo....we decided to wait. Also, decide rather soon with those factors you mentioned if you want to move it up...to allow your distant family time to plan and travel. You have 11 months. You have time. Did you say you already booked a venue? Are they able to change the date for you?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies : misstira I know you are like crazy girl didn't you go over this already... I just need to process things

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Trust me i understand LOL...im always here if needed

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Sorry I didn't answer your question yep we have a place and she is checking on the date change

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    alright ladies and the final decision is to move the date..
    Novemeber 16th here we come

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options

Hey lady.. Good going. i feel you on being anxious.. and i'm glad you was able to get the date changed. Everything will work out the way you want, and you still have a lot of time.. So what shall we start with first.. Your Dress... DO you have an idea?  and start telling your OOT guests.. Whoever is meant to be there will be there, regardless.. So glad you got what you wanted.. see. it was meant for you to have a November wedding.. :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CONGRATS ON CHANGING TO THIS YEAR..

as long as you guys are happy and are able to get all you want.. that is all that matters..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! 2013 bride!

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    That is so exciting!
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    I am happy for you *LeciaB* Welcome to 2013 bride! I miss being one myself....but, I know everything will work out and happen just how you want it to! Time to work it....DRESS search begins!!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats MaMa....super happy for you....and yes like Trinired said its definitely time to get on the ball and SAY YES TO THE DRESS LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards