African American Weddings
Options

new and need help

civil ceremony at chicago culture center in chicago only need a photographer for one hour is this possible do photographers charge by the hour or is it a flat rate?

Re: new and need help

• Options
    civil ceremony at chicago culture center in chicago only need a photographer for one hour is this possible do photographers charge by the hour or is it a flat rate?
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the board. Some photographers have a flat rate and there are some who will customize a package for you. You just have to shop around your area amd explain to them what you want. Are you not having a recpetion or dinner after the ceremony ?
  • Options
    You have to ask the phototog i am sure there are some who charge by the hour and not flat rates
    have you been to any of bridal expos and chatted with the ones who are there 
    welcome to the board :) 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PP; there are some that are willing to work with you. Especially if it's a slow month they would be willling to have an hour of business vs. none at all. Just ask!
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_new-and-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d11a6497-b0a1-4a68-884e-5b9363463e73Post:d48279e7-1302-45e4-a344-99fb34f8bb00">Re:new and need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and welcome to the board. Some photographers have a flat rate and there are some who will customize a package for you. You just have to shop around your area amd explain to them what you want. Are you not having a recpetion or dinner after the ceremony ?
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_new-and-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d11a6497-b0a1-4a68-884e-5b9363463e73Post:d48279e7-1302-45e4-a344-99fb34f8bb00">Re:new and need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi and welcome to the board. Some photographers have a flat rate and there are some who will customize a package for you. You just have to shop around your area amd explain to them what you want. Are you not having a recpetion or dinner after the ceremony ?
    Posted by MrsBad13[/QUOTE]
    we are having a dinner after the ceremony
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_new-and-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d11a6497-b0a1-4a68-884e-5b9363463e73Post:4373a7fb-176c-4d70-bcbe-4f94ace0c558">Re: new and need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have to ask the phototog i am sure there are some who charge by the hour and not flat rates have you been to any of bridal expos and chatted with the ones who are there  welcome to the board :) 
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]
    I  have not been to the bridalexpo and thankyou
  • Options
    MrsBad13MrsBad13 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Do you want pics taken during dinner ? Or are you cell phone/regular camerain it for the dinner ? Just in case they say you need a minuim of 2 hours..put that in the back of your mind. Here in my area some of our photogs were charging 300 and up just for the ceremony alone. So consider having pics done during the dinner too.
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Welcome to the board. I would check wedding wire and crigslist for local photographers and ask if they would build a package based on your needs
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards