African American Weddings

Another way to say RSVP?

We have guests coming to our wedding that do not understand what "RSVP" means.

I'm thinking of saying something different on my invitations than - Please RSVP at website.com

What about:

Please confirm your attendance at website.com or call 123-456-7890

Would you think this looks strange if you saw this on an invitation.
Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: Another way to say RSVP?

• You could try it but you are still going to have people who won't understand that either.  They definitely can't say they don't know what it means though. haha

It really is just sad and rude.

The RSVP part was the one thing that I could skip if I had to do it over again. People are so hard headed.
  • I don't think this would be weird. The only thing is "please confirm your attendance" makes it sound like you only want people to let you know if they are coming.   You probably want to hear from those who can't make it as well to avoid having to track people down.  You could also say "please respond by (doing xyz)".  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You could write it in 40 different languages, and people will not RSVP.

Are you only doing web & phone RSVP's or are you offering that as an option in addition to mailing their RSVP back? If you're doing it in addition to mail, then I think it's a bit much. But if those are the RSVP options you chose to go with, then they should be fine on the invitation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_another-way-say-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2d2d247-b067-4fe1-b7b9-9795223d8f77Post:15206009-c7a5-44db-8c43-4fc397dd5875">Re: Another way to say RSVP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could try it but you are still going to have people who won't understand that either.  <strong>They definitely can't say they don't know what it means though.</strong> haha It really is just sad and rude. The RSVP part was the one thing that I could skip if I had to do it over again. People are so hard headed.
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

Girrrl!! I wish this were true. They are from a different country and do not RSVP when they go to weddings...or are they required too. Weddings are open to all and the couple along with their families prepare for the crowds.

SMH!
  • edited January 2012

Carla I think this is just part of the wedding process that is the Craziest! and no matter what you do to hold your guests hands they just will do their own thing. Just take a few deep breaths and don't let it raise your blood pressure...I will make a suggestion maybe guests understand "please repond by"..I hope so because that is the wording I'm using LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_another-way-say-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2d2d247-b067-4fe1-b7b9-9795223d8f77Post:029f3d8e-0f1a-457b-987d-0f30ea793fe0">Re: Another way to say RSVP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carla I think this is just part of the wedding process that is the Craziest! and no matter what you do to hold your guests hands they just will do their own thing. Just take a few deep breaths and don't let it raise your blood pressure...<strong>I will make a suggestion maybe guests understand "please repond by"..I hope so because that is the wording I'm using LOL
    </strong>Posted by BlissPhilly[/QUOTE]

I like that, thanks!
  • I'm really dreading this whole RSVP thing. Gosh... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Could you write something like
    Let us know if
    __________ You're on your way to dance and dine with us

___________ You wish you could make it but you're unable to attend

Either way the Bride and groom would like to hear from all of their guests at www.website.com 1-800-callus
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_another-way-say-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2d2d247-b067-4fe1-b7b9-9795223d8f77Post:034d8094-5400-4247-a032-36a5b66a8546">Re: Another way to say RSVP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you write something like Let us know if __________ You're on your way to dance and dine with us ___________ You wish you could make it but you're unable to attend Either way the Bride and groom would like to hear from all of their guests at <a href="http://www.website.com" rel="nofollow">www.website.com</a> 1-800-callus
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Now there is NO WAY anyone could mess this up.  I may have to be different and use this.  Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards