African American Weddings
Options

Men's Wedding Bands

How do you all feel about titanium wedding bands for men?  My FI does not really want to wear a ring but is willing to wear a black ring.  I found this one at David Yurmans...

What type of wedding bands are you all getting for your FIs?

Re: Men's Wedding Bands

• Options
    Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We just picked up FI's band on Sunday. It's a Tungsten material which is the strongest metal you can get in a band and it's less expensive than titanium. It doesn't scratch. The metal is a darker tint so most of the rings come in black. Here's the one he chose from Kays:

• Options
    Vanessa AVanessa A member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI wanted a solid band, no diamonds, special designs or anything, so we settled on this one to kinda match my band (there are small grooves in his band that are also in mine.

Men's Beveled Edge Wedding Band in 14K White Gold - Zales1/5 CT. T.W. Diamond Curved Band in 14K White Gold - Zales
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my man HATES titanium, which I think is great cause it doesnt  scratch. he wants diamonds... sigh
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are both wearing black rings. Mine is titanium and his is tungsten. Try coi jewelry, titanium k, tungsten world. There are several others depending on taste. The best way I found is to search for black  tungsten rings or black titanium rings. Make sure if you are getting tungsten it is tungsten carbide and make sure it fits because it can not be sized. Because if its strength, jewelers say if your finger swells it may have to be cut off(just for info). That is why I am getting ours a half size bigger.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a black tungsten ring from ebay seller alternate_metals. I know you're probably thinking "I can't belive she bought a wedding band from ebay!" LOL! Believe it! I was a little leary, but I took it to a jeweler who confirmed that it was genuine tungsten carbide and appraised it at much more than the $40 I paid for it.

• Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know movado also has a black ring.  I forget what it is made up but I think it's an alternative metal like titanium. You can get it plain or with a little diamond I believe. 
  • Options
    badbymyselfbadbymyself member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also check overstock.com, that is where I bought my FI Titanium wedding band with diamonds in it for cheaper than the jewelry stores that I went to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of these rings sound like great choices.  Ladies, please be aware that if your FI works with his hands (coach, firefighter, infantry/ordinance military, etc.) these rings will pose a problem because they can NOT be cut should he injure his hand.  A silver or gold band is a must for people with such occupations.  I was given this information from the jeweler after telling her that my FI coaches HS basketball and football. 

Just thought you should know ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Right. Hubby wanted a titanium band because of his work (he's a butcher) and he didn't want to bang up his ring. But he knows that if something were to happen....his whole finger has to go.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love David Yurmans jewelry and I think the ring is really nice. I got my husband white gold with diamonds because he just had to have diamonds.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got FI's ring last week. It's Tungsten 8 mm with a single diamond in the center.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did check with our friend who's an EMT about the truth behind not being able to cut off a Tungsten or Titanium ring and he says they absolutely can cut the ring off without hurting the finger. It's just not as easy to do as with gold or platinum. Our jeweler also showed us a Titanium and Tungsten ring that they had cut in 1/2 in the jewelry store to show us that it could really be done.
  • Options
    cdogsmom10cdogsmom10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI wanted a 'unique' ring and that is what we got. It's oxidized silver (darker than sterling silver), 22K gold piece on top and 5 tiny black diamonds. It is definitely is different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards