African American Weddings
Options

First Dance Song

I've had "like a star' by Corrine Bailey Rae on repeat for the last 2 days on my ipod...I really love that song! I think it might be our first dance song, once I get it cleared with FI. For my walk down the aisle song - I'm using Chrisette Michelle's "golden". What are you ladies using?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First Dance Song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im walking to Chrisette Michele "I dont know why, but I Do"..
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably walking down the aisle to GIVING MYSELF by J Hud

first dance--Take it from here by Justin T or Make it last forever Keith Sweat
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to walk down to the piano part to Alicia Keys' "Never Felt This Way" and our first song will be "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thinking of walking down the aisle to Cindy's Song by BeBe Winans.
    For the longest I wanted our first dance song to be So High by John Legend, but he hates his voice :( So we are leaning towards LTD's Love Ballad
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^^^^ I LOVE LTD's "Love Ballad"!  I told FI that I want that song somewhere in the wedding, just not sure where. 

As far as our first dance song, we are using "You Were Meant For Me" by Donny Hathway.  It's the perfect song for us and our relationship!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:dc13db0d-5dba-484f-ac47-fa2e7ef30415Post:de69d874-c950-49f0-b10a-c89b5651a152">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]^^^^ <strong>I LOVE LTD's "Love Ballad"!  I told FI that I want that song somewhere in the wedding, just not sure where.</strong>  As far as our first dance song, we are using "You Were Meant For Me" by Donny Hathway.  It's the perfect song for us and our relationship!
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I have told my FI the same thing lol...I have always envisioned walking down the aisle to "So Amazing"  and somewhere I have to use "Caught Up in the Rapture" that is my and my FI's song but not sure if we want to use it for our first dance </div>
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be walking down the aisle to- The One He Kept For Me(maurette brown clark)

First Dance song-Share My Life by Kem
    image114 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 7 Will be missing out!
    RSVP Deadline May 11th 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI picked what song im walking down to, he said it explains exactly how he feels EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYES,Baby Face, my bridal party is coming down to Golden, Chrisette Michelle and our first dance is GIVING YOU THE BEST THAT I GOT, Anita Baker.
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our first song will be "I choose you" by Ryan Leslie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First dance song we still aren't 100% on but April Showers Dru Hill. Tell me its real KC & JoJo, or Share my life Kem

I walking down to the one he kept for me
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lili7677lili7677 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Our first dance song is "I Found My Everything" By Mary J Blige.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:dc13db0d-5dba-484f-ac47-fa2e7ef30415Post:c358862b-a54d-47db-96fc-e4097adae4fe">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI picked what song im walking down to, he said it explains exactly how he feels EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYES,Baby Face, my bridal party is coming down to Golden, Chrisette Michelle and our first dance is GIVING YOU THE BEST THAT I GOT, Anita Baker.
    Posted by Me&Miles96[/QUOTE]

<div>Me and my BF were rinding on the China Bus from NYC and I heard Giving You the Best that I Got and started crying and he said,"are you in love with me?, cause I'm in love with you." So that song is powerful, girl! </div>
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks pinkcottoncandy, my FI picked that too.Once i sat down in listened to it i  understood why he picked it. I wanted I'm Ready for love, India Arie but Anita said it all.
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    t3grayt3gray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I walking to the one he kept for me - maurette brown clark. First dance song, this very moment - kc and jojo.

What are some other songs that you are incorporating into your ceremony? I am up and down between Brian Courtney Wilson or David Hollister.

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:dc13db0d-5dba-484f-ac47-fa2e7ef30415Post:2cde79ed-9b5a-47a5-8471-441863ffa8f6">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I walking to the one he kept for me - maurette brown clark. First dance song, this very moment - kc and jojo.<strong> What are some other songs that you are incorporating into your ceremony?</strong> I am up and down between Brian Courtney Wilson or David Hollister.
    Posted by t3gray[/QUOTE]

You may want to start a seperate post for that question.... Sometimes questions get lost in the post
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far IF (A BIG IF TOO) I don't change it..I'm walking down the aisle to Beyonce's After All Is Said and Done and our first dance song is Eric Benet/Tamia's Spend My Life With You...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At one point I thought I knew what I wanted to walk down the aisle too but now I believe that I have changed my mind. I am still not 100% sure.

I said initially Beyonce and Marc Nelso then I was saying Charlie Wilson. ahhhhhhhh don't get me started.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_first-dance-song-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:dc13db0d-5dba-484f-ac47-fa2e7ef30415Post:403ee584-dc05-4174-89bc-6651f1a6d2a4">Re: First Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]So far IF (A BIG IF TOO) I don't change it.<strong>.I'm walking down the aisle to Beyonce's After All Is Said and Done </strong>and our first dance song is Eric Benet/Tamia's Spend My Life With You...
    Posted by bmoton82[/QUOTE]

My bridal party is walking down to "After All Is Said and Done"!

I'm walking down to "You For Me" by Johnny Gill and our first dance song is "Unthinkable" by Alicia Keys.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really haven't chosen a song for my MOH to walk down the aisle yet (yea I know I need to do that!) but I'm walking to "My Life, My Love, My All" by Kirk Franklin; first dance will be "When I'm With You" by Tony Terry (I think that's who sings it). 
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    WOW...all great selections. For first dance, I also like sweetest love by Anita Baker, Ribbon in the sky - Stevie Wonder, Here and Now - Luther Vandross, At last-  Etta James...hmmm, decisions, decisions...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance picked the song I am walking too, which is Shai "together forever", I wanted to use Jaheim "forever" :( bridesmaids are walking to Eric Benet and Tamia "Spend my life" first dance song is Dru Hill "these are the times"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow ladies..all great choices!!!

I am so conflicted on this but for the processional for the bridal party these are the songs i am contemplating

1. butterflies - alicia keys
    2. golden - c. michelle
    3. my latest greatest inspiration - t.pendergrass
    4. is this the way love is - c. michelle

first dance

1. the point of it all - anothony hamilton
    2. angel - anita baker

so confused lol going to youtube now

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD