July 2012 Weddings
Options

Bachelor parties

What are your guys doing for their bachelor parties? Are their groomsmen or BM planning it or are they? Just curious. FI is in a wedding party where the groom is planning his own Bachelor Party and I thought that was weird but maybe I'm too old fashioned? I don't know... that's why I wanted your opinions! Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelor parties

• Options
    the best man is planning it. And he has promised me that no one will get arrested! But seriously, FI left it up to his best man, who has been looking foward to it for years!

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is not planning his at all.  He gave his bestman his invite list.  He knows the day and now just found out that they are going to start the day off with a baseball game. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and some friends are going to a gun range. It's what he wanted to do so his friends went along with it.
  • Options
    My FI's brother (best man) is planning it. But I don't think it's a big deal if the groom plans it. I'm usually a stickler for etiquette, but boys don't care about that sort of thing so I don't know who you would really be offending.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance's GM are planning the details, but fiance pretty much said "I want to do my bachelor party in Vegas" and his Best Man responded "Ok, sounds good." I thought that was rude, but apparently guys don't really care about this sort of thing (shocker!). He doesn't comprehend that you're not supposed to plan parties thrown in your honor. But he's a guy. I kind of expected it.

On the other hand, for my bachelorette party, I mentioned who I'd like to invite and they decided amongst themselves where they wanted to go/what they wanted to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI's best man is supposed to be planning it, but I'm not sure he's been planning anything yet. I hope they do something nice, because fi is really looking forward to this. He's hoping for paintball.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have no idea what's going on with FI's party. His older brother is the best man and he's planning it. I think he will plan something like golfing, going on a lake, watching a game, or something like that.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think FI is having one.  He might go out for some pizza and a couple of beers with his best man (who won't be having the beers since he will be just under a month from turning 21) his brothers and a couple of his friends (if they are able to come).
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Two of his groomsmen are planning it. We have a Hard Rock Hotel here in Tulsa so they are renting a suite (which is the exact same thing we are doing for the wedding night LOL) and all his friends and him are going to drink and gamble all night. I'm sure they will come back with some interesting stories the next day!
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Options
    No one has said anything to either of us so thats leading us to believe he's not  gonna be having one.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    My FI told his BM what he wanted to do; gun range, golfing, and hit up some bars or brew their own beer. The BM will most likly put it all together but FI came up with the ideas. This to me seems normal and I am glad because FI doesn't want to do strip clubs and if BM was left to his own devices that's where they would go!
  • Options
    I believe that FI's GM's will be planning it. One of them mentioned Vegas, but I don't think theirs any way that will actually happen so it will probably be Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!

FI doesn't really care what he does. He's not a "bar guy" so I know he doesn't really care about going out but I'm sure he will.

The thing is, FI's friend (who he is standing up for) is planning his own Bachelor Party and there's sooo much that is going into it and it's going to end up costing FI a lot of money. I just think it's kind of ballsy for him to be... making expensive choices and then expecting all of his GM to foot the bill. I mean, FI is not going to complain about it but I'm kind of getting pissed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He was supposed to fly home this weekend, but fundage isn't allowing that since my hours got cut at work...soooo....We're just going to hang out with our peeps the day/night before the wedding
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    FI's best man has already been nagging him for a guest list so I guess he is up to something.  I have no clue what but it will probably be pretty low key.

Anniversary
  • Options
    The gm are planning his. They're going to New Orleans for the weekend and it's the same time a music festival is going on so they're going to see the Foo Fighters... Plus all the craziness of NOLA! He's going to have the time of his life with his best friends and I'm so excited for him!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FIs BM and GM are planning his.  They are having a local party so my dad, his dad and my younger brothers can all go... theyll probably do some go carts, gun range, cook out and other fun stuff then the older guys will take off that night and hit a strip club then the guys in the bridal party are taking my FI to vegas for 5 days.  They have friends that live out there so they will go visit the Hover Dam and the race track, and dun buggies and lots of stuff.  I know my FI knows when everything is but he dosent know the details to play out.  I am sure they will have fun!
  • Options
    We are going to my favorite country western bar. Everyone knows everyone kinda place. FI wants to go out of town and have a wild and crazy night. lol He wants the whole works, strippers, gambling, booze. I told him to have fun and to make sure he comes home safe! lol
    pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards