African American Weddings

Tuesdays Tips

Ladies, I am NOT in a thinking mode...I apologize...

Would someone like to put something out there for this weeks tips???

Thanks ladies!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Tuesdays Tips

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about tips on ways to stay flawless on your big day?  They can be hair, make up, wedding gown, shoe, etc. tips. 

Any tips that wil help us maintain the glamorous, beautiful, glowing bride look that we'll all have on our wedding days! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    edited December 2011
    I'll start! Smile 

1) My hairstylist is flying up from Atlanta and will do my hair that morning and be there to maintain the look throughout the day if needed.  I usually don't wear hair spray to hold my hair, but I might that day.  It gets really humid in Cincinnati in the summer! 

2) I plan to research air brushed make up b/c I heard it stays on all day.  Has anyone tried it yet?  Would love to hear how it turned out!  I also need recommendations for the best water proof makeup - mascara, eyeliner, etc. 

3) I am wearing kitten heel shoes, therefore I will avoid the tragic stumble/limp walk at the end of the night (which would undoubtedly occur if i wore 3" heels or above).

4) I don't know how to maintain my dress - the entire skirt is tulle and it's big and poofy and drags on the floor in the back (purposely).  I have a feeling the bottom edge will be gray by the end of the night - but that is the least of my worries!
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great Tuesday Tip Cincy.  I am trying the air brush makeup too.  I think.  I have heard that drugstore makeup has the best waterproof agents i.e. covergirl, maybelline, etc.  You are lucky to have a hairstylist that will maintain your hair all day.  My hair is natural and I fear that it will fall a part an hour later, so I would love it if my hairstylist can keep my hair up.  I am still researching hairstylists.  I would say that's a good tip...search for styles that work best for your hair type and schedule hair trials and try it out before the big day.  Good luck with finding kitten heel shoes.  Let me know if you find any.  Kate Spade has some cute ones, but I am too broke right now to purchase kate spade shoes.  I spent too much on my dress.  Speaking of dress, another good tip is to have a bustle put in if you can to avoid people stepping on your train the whole night.
    edited December 2011
    Great tips tamtam!  One more I remember reading about...if your veil isn't shaped the way you want and is falling a little flat, just position it how you like it and hair spray it.  After spraying generously with hair spray continue to hold it in your desired position and it will stay that way. 

Tam, my hair is natural too and I'm equally concerned about my blow out/flat iron style staying throughout the day, so I am so grateful to my stylist for coming!

I really, really hope I can find the kitten heels I'm looking for...I saw those really cute ones by Kate Spade and other cute ones by Butter.  But I'm with you - I'm not trying to spend $200+ on some shoes!  We'll see, I have a while to find my perfect shoe so I'm praying it's out there (and in my price range - LOL!). 
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of Butter Shoes.  Looking it up now.  I am eagerly waiting to read the other ladies' responses.  I'm sure MIABRIDENTAMPA has some great beauty tips. 
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a great topic cause I hadn't really thought of it till y'all said it!  My wedding is about 5 months away!  I know I will get my hair done that morning, but I had no idea what shoes would be limp free!  This info is very much appreciated and I'll be reading all day!  Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Have u ladies seen the Lumines Air (airbrush makeup) infomercial? I asked one of my MakeUp savvy BM to do my makeup for the big day. I'm thinking about ordering it and us doing a trial using it. You can order it for I think $30 for 30 days. Im going to find out how long it takes to ship then order so that I will have it at least 2 wks before the wedding. We'll test it out if I don't like I'll send it back, but if I do I'll just pay the rest for it (depending on the price LOL)!

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesdays-tips-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:df4bf758-7727-493b-a938-25a74d0c4088Post:ec2df06a-f00a-469b-8cd7-10112ac4db3b">Re: Tuesdays Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have u ladies seen the Lumines Air (airbrush makeup) infomercial? I asked one of my MakeUp savvy BM to do my makeup for the big day. I'm thinking about ordering it and us doing a trial using it. You can order it for I think $30 for 30 days. Im going to find out how long it takes to ship then order so that I will have it at least 2 wks before the wedding. We'll test it out if I don't like I'll send it back, but if I do I'll just pay the rest for it (depending on the price LOL)!
    Posted by kristi0618[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the infomercial, but it's worth a shot!  Let us know how it turns out...the cost of air brush make up from a MUA is pretty expensive, so it may be more cost effective to just buy the system. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_tuesdays-tips-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:df4bf758-7727-493b-a938-25a74d0c4088Post:2c3e92e5-268f-4770-8c6f-f9ef81324929">Re: Tuesdays Tips</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great tips tamtam!  One more I remember reading about...if your veil isn't shaped the way you want and is falling a little flat, just position it how you like it and hair spray it.  After spraying generously with hair spray continue to hold it in your desired position and it will stay that way.  Tam, my hair is natural too and I'm equally concerned about my blow out/flat iron style staying throughout the day, so I am so grateful to my stylist for coming! I really, really hope I can find the kitten heels I'm looking for...I saw those really cute ones by Kate Spade and other cute ones by Butter.  But I'm with you - I'm not trying to spend $200+ on some shoes!  We'll see, I have a while to find my perfect shoe so I'm praying it's out there (and in my price range - LOL!). 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]
    I would have never thought of that for a veil!
    Since my hair is natural i am getting it braided the day before in some cute style..
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards