Washington-Seattle
Options

Officiant recommendation?

Can anyone recommend me an officiant that won't use the word God in the ceremony
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant recommendation?

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, the days of looking for someone to officiate a no-God ceremony.  SO GLAD those are over.

We found someone, but she's in Hawaii, so probably not much help.  I do, however, have some questions for possible officiants that you might be able to put to use - they're in my bio under Questions for Vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Roger Smith at http://www.pugetsoundrs.com/ Don't let the name fool you.  He is very accommodating with the services he offers and had tons of wording help for us.  He even combined different ceremony wording sections to create one for us that fit us perfectly.  I'm sure he would leave out any mention of God if you asked him too.  His prices were super, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rev Ray Van Winkle will tailor your ceremony however you'd like. He's very helpful with several different options, or you can create it all on your own. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Rev Ray.  He will give you a book of possible vows, and explicitly marks any relgious references so you can avoid those options.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Len Smolen: http://www.weddingyourway.net/

My cousin used him and he did a wonderful non-religious ceremony just the way they wanted it. Really, the ceremony brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful. We're using him as well and my FI and I are very excited to take pre-marital counseling from him. He is a registered counselor with over 20 years experience in couples/marital.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards