African American Weddings
Options

thinking of moving to june vent..

* I posted this at my month board, but I need help from you guys too*

IDK... I am very frustrated and IDK why. I hate everything I've planned so far. I loved it last week, but I hate EVERYTHING now! I hate my venue, I hate my dress, I hate my date... I feel extreemly depressed. Moving to June really wouldnt solve anything though...it would just prolong this planning that I want to get over with asap. I guess moving to June would allow me to have the wedding outside... thats the only difference. IDK what I want anymore. I just want to take a big eraser and erase everything and start over. Iam super depressed and totally over this whole wedding planning stuff. Its affecting my personality, its even affecting how much I come on here. When I come on here, deep down I am happy for your guys checks and acheivements, but it also makes me feel bad for myself because I want to give up on my wedding. Sigh. Vent over.
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: thinking of moving to june vent..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww Desi. Its going to be okay. Sometimes wedding planning gets very frustrating. Trust We Know(everyone woman on this board knows). So lets see how we can solve this problem. What are your ideas? Give us some details. I'm sure that we can come up with something. I was the same way I hated our colors when they were just Pink and Yellow, but when I added the Black it came together for me. Maybe you need that one thing that will bring all your ideas together, and make you fall in love again.

You might need to take a step away from planning and then you can come back with a clear head.

~~Hugs~~
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I think I need to take a step back. I like my theme still.

I hate my venue. I will loose the deposit if I cancel. ($1000) The reason why I hate it is because I dont want to spend half of my budget on one thing. I called and they tried to work with me. I have the option of cutting out dinner and the time reserved for dinner, that will save $1000 + so thats good.

Then I hate that I have to find a hotel in the area... a nice one so my pics look nice.

I also hate the fact that I have to find a photographer that will go from the venue to the hotel and back again to get all the shots I want. Hiring a second photograper is out of the budget.

*sigh*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have u booked ur photog? If not go on craigslist and search for one. Thats how I found mine. Im paying $950 for 2 photogs, epics, bridals, rehearsal dinner, and all day on the wedding.  You just goin to have to search around a little. So you would be able to bring food into the venue if you change your package??
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011

I didn't book the photog, but I was just going to use the guy that did my epics if i cant find anyone better.

I dont plan on feeding them anymore. Just cake and drinks.

But I HATE that!! I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guilty for not feeding them. Yeah I need to go on craigslist...I went on there before but I didn't see anything for my area.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    june of next year? What are you colors?
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    im sticking to the peacock theme... yes next year 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl.. I feeeeeellll YOU!!! I had to take a break from the knot and all things wedding b/c I felt I wasn't making the progress I should and my moms was like trina are you even getting married my dates has been an evolving number b/c of venues and ppl and trying to accomodate....blah..blah..blah.... So I feel you, but sometimes you just need to step back from wedding.. breathe... and come back with fresh and clear mind and eyes and look at what you have going thus far or planning and hopefully that will help you...oooohhh I'm thinking of looking on craigslist as well ive heard that on a coupl of bride boards...good luck luv...
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, i think a break is well neeeded.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww Desi, knottie vibes your way. This wedding planning process can be so overwhelming and I've felt like giving up a few times. Things will work out eventually. At least you have the advantage of already being married to the man of your dreams.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    thats true reka, thanks !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww...desi.  take a break from planning for a month. I personally love your theme because it's so unique.  cheer up.  several brides are known for cheating on thier dress...i'm gonna post about it.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards